Several facts about the Klon KTR

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Finnegan/Klon, Mar 24, 2015.

1. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

I have two KTR's and two Klones. One KTR is my backup, tested once and back in the box. My gigging board and my home board switch out a Klone or KTR depending on the situation. For me, the clean boost ability of the KTR is a reliable tone that works with most electric guitar situations I play.I am very happy with the KTR and glad I have 'em. Thank you.

2. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

Look Ma! The thread is about me.

These responses are off topic, irrelevant, apples and oranges, the last refuge of the desperate. They are also funny as hell. So thanks for that. Show of hands...who failed reading comprehension?

TO BE CLEAR: Bill is a great guy, his product is classic, he never did a bad thing. I agree. He's treated me just fine. I accuse him of NO underhandedness. BUT, wanting to help, ALL I am saying is that he alienates those who wish to work with him due to a level of obsession that they describe as "impossible," "self defeating" and "pathological," as they have told me directly, and these are the reasons they have stopped engaging him. "Never again!" "It's not worth it." That kinda stuff. In short, they say he drives people up the ****** wall. Again, Bill is his own worst enemy. He created and perpetuated the Klon freak show. Yes, this is a matter of opinion. You have mine. You also have the consensus of his former partners (research, distribution, manufacturing, investment) as they have expressed it directly to me.
    I want nothing but success for Bill. Someday. If he can. One way he might get there would be to look at himself the way others do. Kinda like therapy 101.

Until then....Archer!

Note that all y'all responded to my inquiry, in your way I guess, but there's crickets from Bill.

3. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

I think YOU made it about you. But the Archer comment is the agenda reveal. And did you call him as I initially suggested and he requested?

Look at himself the way others do...?

hunter

4. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

After 100% de-gooping, the "naked" Klon circuit turned out to be little more than a middle school science experiment:

[​IMG]

But to be fair, it is a golden potato... full of rich, organic buttery tone!

5. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Bill's not successful?

:huh

6. slopeshoulder

Nonsense.
    - I made one post containing substantive timely questions that were ON TOPIC. Then some other loozahs made it about me.
    - The Archer is a solution, not an agenda. That's the only reveal. LOL. I'd rather have my old Silver Klon that I bought for $360. A KTR would be nice too, if it had been available when I needed it. Notice I wrote "UNTIL THEN." Again, reading comprehension my man, reading comprehension.
    - Re calling him, no. This is a public forum with public discussion. I see nothing to gain by directly engaging him at this time on these topics, based on what others have told me directly. But I do think he is a good guy to invite the calls.
    - Hey, are you by any chance the anonymous coward who set up a blog about Vertex and (dis)honored me with a few posts about me? Or was that someone else? Any ideas who? The weekend is coming and I could use a laugh and a mystery now that I've seen Hot Fuzz ten times.

OK, break over. It was fun though. Back to having a life...

7. slopeshoulder

Future success.

Reading comprehension. Check it out.

8. Yossi

Yossi Member

It's interesting that this thread just popped up, when last night I noticed an email that told me I was on a waiting list to get the KTR. I received my shipping notice from Axe and you shall receive. I've never played the original Klone but I have two Mythical Overdrives. I'm looking forward to NPD! I think that it's great that Bill F posts here on TGP.

9. manticorefx

manticorefx Member

I've heard quite a bit about behind the scenes goings-on between Bill and his collaborators, and he's consistently described as difficult to work with, but after hearing various rumors from multiple sources, Chris Van Tassel from Archer consistently sounds like a grade-A predatory scumbag (while Jay is universally respected as a stand-up guy). Both parties seem at fault in the Klon-Rockett falling out, but the Archer is in pretty bad taste as far as business ethics go. I'd side with Bill on this one.

10. slopeshoulder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Really??????
    OMG, OK, let's do this...

I have no agenda, only had a few questions. Only a fanboy could read an agenda into my questions.

How is a question and answer a pissing match? Why would I even want a pissing match? There are holes in Bill's story. I asked about them. Only a fanboy would see that as a pissing match. Again, great guy, great product, great success. Yeah, like that. They say Beethoven and Bach were difficult.

I have no relationship with Rockett and can't even remember the names of the people who work there. I once had a Blue Note for a few hours, I didn't like it.

If every maker has a phone number or e-mail address, then why do forums to discuss even exist? Is Bill in the control the actions of others business? If Bill invites me to try the mustard, do I forsake the ketchup? he went public. I asked a question. Deal with it.

Fanboys. Lulz.

11. slopeshoulder

I don't know Chris, so I wouldn't know. But yes you may be right re: the ethics (and optics). On the one hand, IF Bill's antics caused them to take a loss that they need to recoup, then it's fair game to offer a Klone. If not, then I think most Kloners should pull their products off the market IF and WHEN Bill CONSISTENTLY offers a product to the market. A widely and consistently available KTR at the regular price IS THE ANSWER if Bill could really make it happen. Which is why I said "until then."
    Good to see a reasonable and balanced comment from someone. Cheers.
    I'm gonna step back from the whole thing. Best to Bill.

12. Omega

Omega Member

I love mine. Sounds great and I'd definitely recommend.

13. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

This thread is embarrassing.

14. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

That's why we're here. Watching people lose their **** in a Klon thread.

15. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

16. slopeshoulder

Good to hear.Thanks for answering. You honor yourself.

17. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Maybe instead of trying to be condescending you should read what you actually wrote.

/rick

18. slopeshoulder

Maybe instead of embarrassing yourself you should understand that meaning takes place in context and has no meaning outside of context. Wishing Bill success, when he is already successful, refers to future success, of course. This is hard for you? This needs to be spelled out? This requires three posts from me? I mean, I know I read Wittgenstein and Gadamer on linguistics and hermeneutics in graduate school, but come on.
    Agenda much?

#likefishinabarrel #smartislonely #beingawesome #donttakeittooseriously #weBhavinfun #whyareyoustillreading

19. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

Is it just me that uses 2 Klons always on (low to no drive)?

20. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

nah i use three. but it has to be in this order: silver plain, silver horsie, gold horsie. any other versions in any other order and you're up tonal ****-creek.