1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sexdrive vs the keely kantana

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by paisley_tele, May 16, 2011.

1. paisley_tele

paisley_tele Member

Are the baisic the same pedal. Both say there made for a clean boost. How do the compare and differ from one another. Sexdrive by Durham and keeley kantana

2. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

What are you trying to achieve??

I have the katana, and it rocks. It has heaps of clean volume, and only starts to break up in the higher settings, but that's with an already cranked amp. Tonally, it is really quite sweet. I use it with my amp clean, but loud, and the katana takes my amp over the edge, nice smooth breakup.

3. paisley_tele

paisley_tele Member

I currently have the sex drive and it does what you say the kantana does for u. It has a gain knob and level along with tone and a switch for compression that seems to effect the low end grind. I was just curouris too see if there was much of a difference. Really right mow I'm tring to achieve a tone from redd volkearts tube'n he uses the sexdrive and mucho boosto and ziadrive.

4. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

I tried the katana and was ga-ga over the clean boost but could not stand the pull knob function for the 'lite' dirt with a tele. Could of been my rig. Just seemed too spendy for a clean only boost as I would never use the dirt side. Curious about the catalinbread super chile picasso.

5. doublescale1

doublescale1 Suhr S-Classic Gold Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    Using the Sex Drive (the orig. larger box) now, had a Katana - found them to be very, very similar. the Durham is less fussy with out the pull pot - I never used Katana for "light dirt", since I had a light dirt pedal in the chain already - only used a clean boost for lifting solo's - I never used the pull-pot on my Katana when I had it.

6. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

I just finished a gig where I had two AC30's in stereo, set at 11oclock, pushed by a keeley katana................ I'm telling you, it pushed the amps into pure 'sexdrive'!!!!