Seymour Duncan EVH pickup

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by openG, Jun 28, 2008.

1. openG

openG slidealicious Silver Supporting Member

does anybody know if they still make them?...any impressions from past users/owners?...thanks !!

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Not real hot, feels like a PAF in it's attack but is a tiny bit fatter in the mids and a little more compressed, has a great smooth top end. FWIW, I tried it in a buddies R8 and was comparing to my R8 which is loaded with Duncan Antiquities. Great pickup, I really liked it a lot. BTW, yes they still make them, CS order only...email MJ at the Duncan Custom Shop and order one...BTW, they call them the 78 now!

3. Blues Fuse

Blues Fuse Member

4. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Well the Duncan CS gets (I think) $160 for them and you get to decide what colour(s) you want, 4 conductor or single braid wire and potted or not however there is a wait involved...those guys have them for $180 in black with no wait...

5. uOpt

uOpt Member

Yes, that's how you do it.

You tell your dealer to contact the SD custom shop they wind you one with the cables, spacing and wire you want. They ship it to the dealer and the dealer hands it to you. $160 is what you pay plus shipping from the dealer to you.

There are some dealers that give discounts to member of certain forums. Might or might not apply to custom shop orders.

6. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

WRONG!

DO NOT go through a dealer...you will NOT get a discount and you might even get the pickup marked up!!!

Simply email MJ at the Custom Shop with the pickup you want, colour, wire, etc...all the specs you want and then simply pay Duncan direct...the pickup(s) will be mailed right to your front door as soon as they get done.

7. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I have a set in my Driskill. Great dynamics and very present.

I ordered mine direct from SD. They'll also do a matching neck pickup but it's probably not so different from an A2P.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  8. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

I guy I know, Pete (an AMAZING guitar player) builds his own version of Ed's pickups a from Duncan parts and I've heard nothing but RAVE reviews about them. He's over on the Duncan board as bachtorock.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  9. openG

openG slidealicious Silver Supporting Member

thanks for all the help !....i have an e-mail out to the CS...i hope to hear from them tommorrow...any more reviews or sugguestions would be greatly appreciated....