Seymour Duncan Jazz Bridge Pickup

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by little cyress, Jan 24, 2008.

1. little cyress

little cyress Member

OK,,, I have Two Seymours in my LP... many people use the Jazz in the Neck... yes i know. but they also make a Jazz PU specifically for the bridge... I have been using it for a while and was wondering what ya'll think... I bought them from Teye of Gypsy Guitars when he was trying out different pups for his Aluminum Works of Art...

Anyone else use one in the bridge... what do you think? It has a PAF low output near 8 or slightly less from my memory... Sound good to me...
    Also, try finding info on these online.... good luck

2. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Several people over at the Seymour Duncan forum absolutely love the Jazz bridge pickup (lots of people over there recommend it for the neck position as well). You might try checking there for more info.

-Austin

3. elteye

elteye Member

I love the Jazz pickups for both bridge and neck. Wonder why they call them Jazz? IMHO they are more Jazz-rock in the sense that they cut thru the mix extremely well and they reproduce the finest nuance and fastest runs without problems. Of course, nowadays a Jazz-rock pickup might sell even less than a Jazz pickup?
    Still think that Lollar pickups are better - more complex, more musical, and ...impossible to put down!
    Hey Little Cyress, glad you like 'em! Send me an MP3 of your stuff thru regular email, you know where to find me!

Teye

4. SGNick

SGNick Member

My old jazz guitar teacher had the jazz/jazz combo in his ES-335 copy.

he said the neck was nice but the bridge was a bit weak for him

5. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I like the one I have now in this axe but potential buyers should understand that it's bright and it has a noticeable upper midrange character to it relative to, e.g., a '59. These are intentional characteristics reflecting the PUP's resonant frequencies - some will like them, some won't.

[​IMG]

6. elteye

elteye Member

It also has to do a lot with the axe: for a Mahogany body and neck guitar they might just clear up the muddyness issue of some other humbuckers, that will be less of a problem in a Maple neck guitar. We all know these things of course, but sometimes you can forget how important it is to balance the pickups, the wood, the construction etc with each other, and then we talk about pickups as isolated things.
    It looks as if you found the perfect humbucker to be paired with your single coils! Interesting looking guitar, did you build it?

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

That's a Reverend.

8. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

It's a Reverend Hitman that I routed to add a middle Strat PUP making it the one and only ... drum roll ... S-Hitman! :eek:

9. little cyress

little cyress Member