• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Seymour Duncan Phat Cats, Thoughts?

blastastick

I just picked the bridge and neck pickips in perfect condition for 50.00!!!!:AOK What are the thoughts on these? I have not installed in anything yet.

TheLemon

Lucky! I've been looking for a pair on the cheap. This thread is revelant to my interests now

blastastick

Lucky! I've been looking for a pair on the cheap. This thread is revelant to my interests now
I played several Hamers with them, when they were only available in their models. Loved, them, but but do mostly very heavy music now. Could not pass up on this deal. can't wait to hear them when i get the time to install them.

Gary Ladd

Illegitimi non carborundum
Silver Supporting Member
They have a sound all their own, but IMHO a lil' too compressed for a single coil ;)

Kelsey

I like 'em. I have a set in a PRS McCarty Standard/IRW and one in the neck of a Tele. The neck Phat Cat sounds better with 500K pots than with 250K. They are supposed to be calibrated, but I have to lower the neck a lot more than the bridge to match output in the PRS. I love the clarity of the wound strings over a neck HB. The PCs have a definite P90 flavor, but there seems to be some Fender SC tone lurking in there, too, although I haven't heard them in a Gibson scale guitar. They are definitely less noisy than the P90s in my Gibson SG Classic and VOS LP Jr DC.

I may go back to a bridge HB in the PRS and use the bridge PC in a Strat, but then again I may leave things as they are now.

ben_allison

Great. They're a nice mix of buckers and single coils.

They're more open than a bucker (less compressed), but they are more solid and aggressive than single coils.

They're great.

Last edited:

Kelsey

I decided to leave the PC set in my PRS McCarty, and it's become one of my favorites. Open, ballsy, on the Fender side of P90 tones, which works for me.

Trending Topics