• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz (your views?)

allanh91

I have owned this pedal for around 6 months now, i havent been using it through a proper valve amp yet. (I'm in the process of saving for one)

Does anyone use this pedal for a vintage/silicion fuzz tone, in the ball park of Jimi and EJ and gilmour but not actually trying to clone their sound?

Is it worth keeping with a nice 15 watt head and cab (all valve)?

shrp11

Some people complain it doesn't have enough gain, but that wasn't a problem for me.

It sounds great in front of a good tube amp (mine's a Dr Z Maz Jr) and it's built well, it has 6 "preset" settings with differing resonant eq peaks - I liked that concept so I sent mine back and got a Zvex Fuzz Factory as it has a LOT of tweakability.

The FF is more of a sound-designer's fuzz - definitely not for the quick and dirty fuzz.

Ed

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
I had one for a while and liked it, but there was the volume/gain issue along with the fact that I had a very difficult time getting it to 'play nice' with other pedals. That said, it's a good sounding useful fuzz pedal, in the right circumstance.

funkycam

i own one & although it's definitely good bang for the buck, it's pretty lame sounding imo.
compared to something decent (eg mjm london fuzz, trombetta minibone, skin pimp mkIII) it sounds really bargain basement.
ymmv

allanh91

cool, cheers guys, the volume is a bit of a problem i will say, I just push it quite far and boost it with a low gain blues driver, maybe I'll sell for a jimi hendrix fuzz or something similar

jaywalker

If you remove R4 and replace it with R5 and jumper R4 you get 3 times more output volume and the overall response is much better. Takes about 5 mins with a steady hand.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
hey i just bought one of these and am awaiting it's arrival...i'll post my thoughts when after i get it...

i had been looking for a cheapish fuzz to get some comparisons, i have a boss hyper fuzz, which i like, but was wanting to try other things....

i will say i'm liking fuzz sounds better than distortion as of late....

of course i now wish i would have kept the fuzz factory i had, didn't understand that pedal at the time....my loss...oh well....

Bluedano1

i own one & although it's definitely good bang for the buck, it's pretty lame sounding imo.
compared to something decent (eg mjm london fuzz, trombetta minibone, skin pimp mkIII) it sounds really bargain basement.
ymmv
I had the same experience, I bought one used (and sold it) and just like a few other cheap fuzzes I have tried, it seems like you have to spend a few $$ (or do a BYOC type kit) to get a good sounding, dynamic fuzz (one that cleans up, is responsive to the guitar).

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i got mine a few days ago.
it's ok, i will say that in my system, i have to have the fuzz and output put to max to get a sound out of it (so in way the tweak seems debatable!) . needs more volume & fuzziness!!!! (i sort of wish the most bass side had more tweakable things to it!!!!).

maybe if you use it like blues s. w/ just the tweak fuzz & small tube combo amp it sounds good, don't know...

that said, you can find them cheap, if the fuzz factory is too much for you (i wish wouldn't have sold mine now!!!!) & you want simpler "vintage sounds" this might be for you.
(i had high hopes for this b/c i love my lava box!)

i'm going back to my boss hyper fuzz, probably will be selling the tweak fuzz...it just doesn't seem enough for me....

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom