• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

SF Princeton '69-70 price check?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I might be in the market for a killer Black face (or early Silver face) Fender voiced amp. I'm a home player and noticed this one on the bay. NOS glass, looks like it's in amazing shape. Also has the 10" baffle and a seperate 12" baffle which is a huge plus from my perspective. Would one this early be considered a "crossover" type that actually has the BF circuitry?
Thoughts on pricing? I guess if someone here steals it that is okay too... you guys know way more about Fender dating/circuit checking than I do.
:facepalm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140308075193

farlowhigh

you might consider a Headstrong Lil King as that seems to have great blackface fender tones and is a princeton reverb replica but you wouldn't have to deal with the maintenance issues of an older amp...might be a better investment to get the vintage amp but I prefer the newer amps with the living builders who will fix the amp and respond to your questions...the clips of the Lil King sound great to me!

mds

Price might be a touch high for a non-reverb model. SF Princeton Reverbs go anywhere from $650-$900 in the current market from what I've seen. Non-verbs are usually less...

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I thought that too, but clearly it's loaded with NOS glass (nice choices at that), a nice speaker, additional baffle to load a 12" speaker and the grill, tolex AND face plate (which is rare) look pretty minty. Almost like it can't be legit, no?
I am not a huge verb whore (except for on a DR) and I've heard people explain the NR versions actually sound a tad better/tighter and can breakup smoother than the verb counterparts. Not sure though...

the NR's have one less gain stage. they are much cleaner and clearer sonically, than PR's. i suspect it a fair price considering 2 baffles and old glass. if you need something to play gigs with, you might need a PR.

Bluesbuff

I recently picked up a 70 Princeton NR for $370. It's not as clean and no cover, had the original speaker and God knows what tubes. Had a bad PI tube so the seller ( non musician) was unsure of it's functionality. Plaed with the ubes and it sounds pretty good. Just have to send it off to the tech to check it out and then new tubes.

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
I thought that too, but clearly it's loaded with NOS glass (nice choices at that), a nice speaker, additional baffle to load a 12" speaker and the grill, tolex AND face plate (which is rare) look pretty minty. Almost like it can't be legit, no?
I am not a huge verb whore (except for on a DR) and I've heard people explain the NR versions actually sound a tad better/tighter and can breakup smoother than the verb counterparts. Not sure though...
Having played both and owning a PR, I say hold out for the one with 'verb. There's more to it than just having reverb. There's a definite tonal and volume difference difference. I recorded with my PR last night and it's quickly becoming my favorite amp.

Trending Topics