Sold Sf Super Reverb-Vibroverb Clone *UPDATED chassis photos*

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by Carabinerx, May 18, 2015.

1. Carabinerx

Carabinerx Member

Amarillo Amp Works did a custom head for this in blonde/ox blood, its a 1971 fender silverface super reverb that has been turned into a vibroverb, with an original BF vibroverb faceplate. It has a period correct 4 ohm fender OT, instead of. 8, for a dirtier sound/earlier breakup (running an 8 ohm cab is totally fine), was overhauled with orange drop and Mallory capacitors and a had few minor adjustments (caps, resistors, etc) to make it a vibroverb. Sounds absolutely amazing. Two weeks ago I just bought some NOS mullards and The tone is stunning, thats on only 2 for the volume. Takes a big muff and fuzz factory better than most amps had.

No sound clips, but its an early SF fender with mullard glass thats been BF'ed, im sure most of you can piece that together.

Im looking for a vintage marshall head, or a mesa boogie, to trade for, something with a gain knob, basically. NOT SELLING, I love this amp so I want to either replace it with something comparably great or hang on to it. Just want to see whats out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Carabinerx

Carabinerx Member

Some decent offers, but still available