• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

SG Classic and its truss rod cover

Karlos_Rocks

I'm thinking about buying a 2006 SG classic, but looking at the pictures the truss rod cover it's just in blank, it doesn't have "classic" on it as i've seen on several pictures. Also, the switch cap is amber and not black. It's ok that or maybe it isn't an SG classic and is another model?

here is a picture:

louis

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 2006 and yours the one that you show as the nice deep red .
Amazing guitars !
Maybe the previous owner just installed a black one and changed the tip , I know a lot of people didn't like the Classic word on the cover.

Jason_77

Maybe the previous owner just installed a black one and changed the tip , I know a lot of people didn't like the Classic word on the cover.
That's my guess as well. I would have changed the cover too. I don't like the script on the cover. There's no lower-end model below a Classic so there's nothing to worry about there. There was a Standard with P-90s but that would have the trapezoid inlays and Kluson style tuners. There is/was also an Historic but it wouldn't have the Nashville bridge or the reasonable price tag.

Tweedledee

Beautiful guitar. I used to own one and everything about that one checks out. I wouldn't worry about the truss rod cover and switch tip. Like others have said, those get changed all the time. The two lower SG models from that era (the SG Special and the SG Faded) both had unbound fretboards. The binding plus dots clearly indicates it's an SG Classic.

gkoelling

It's all personal preference, IMO both the t-rod cover and switch tip are improvements.

Nice guitar, enjoy!

73Fender

looks like a Classic..I like the script..wish I had it on my Special..anyone want to trade plain for Special?

blues

Silver Supporting Member
I'm thinking about buying a 2006 SG classic, but looking at the pictures the truss rod cover it's just in blank, it doesn't have "classic" on it as i've seen on several pictures. Also, the switch cap is amber and not black. It's ok that or maybe it isn't an SG classic and is another model?

here is a picture:

Nice guitar! If your worried about it being real run the serial number if you can.

Trending Topics