Shakti 50th Anniversary World Tour

Frater B

Gold Supporting Member
unnamed-2022-05-18T105056.388-700x1025.jpg

John H

Gold Supporting Member
Saw them on the "Handful of Beauty" tour. They were magnificent! Opening act was the Gary Burton Quintet, who were touring behind "Dreams So Real". I was a little disappointed that Mick Goodrick and Pat Metheny were no longer with Burton. Some guy named Scofield had taken their place.

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
You had better plan on it. When I hear "world tour" I immediately think "major US cities only", especially when the musicians are getting on in years. It doesn't sound like there are any hard plans yet.
Yeah, was thinking Albuquerque wouldn't make the list...maybe Phoenix, L.A.? We'll see.

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
I thought his tour with Jimmy Herring was the last chance to see him in the US? So maybe world tour just means the rest of the planet?!?! I got to see John and Jimmy in Durham and it was awesome!!! Would anyone expect them to be in any venues bigger than nice theaters, at least here in the US?

Monkeyboy23

I thought his tour with Jimmy Herring was the last chance to see him in the US? So maybe world tour just means the rest of the planet?!?! I got to see John and Jimmy in Durham and it was awesome!!! Would anyone expect them to be in any venues bigger than nice theaters, at least here in the US?
John had a progressive arthritic condition in his right hand that led him to believe his playing live days were over. He has received new treatment that makes the continuation of his live playing possible.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom