Shane Fogerty... who knew?

msteeln

Father John Fogerty has always been a monster talent on guitar (one who never get's the notice) and he's passed his abilities, and maybe his old black Les Paul, along to his son Shane. I didn't know he had any kids or that one is deserving of such praise. It's great to see a Fogerty taking a spot on stage with him again like their late uncle / brother Tom once did. Long may they run, and run hot!

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I read his book recently where he mentions taking Shane out with him. The guy seems to really love his kids.....from his second wife. Poor kids from the first wife though; clearly a larger scale Julian vs. Sean Lennon dynamic.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
I saw his show with Shane this year. Shane did some great stuff. But the show was John. The guy hasnt lost a thing; same great vocal range and I did not realize he could shred like that.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Saw 'em back in October. Shane is good to be sure, but the show is all about John. John's a true triple threat as a singer, songwriter and guitarist.

msteeln

full on geetar army going on there! great they have a family affair with these sons.

bob-i

Saw 'em back in October. Shane is good to be sure, but the show is all about John. John's a true triple threat as a singer, songwriter and guitarist.

According to his autobio, John pretty much played all the instruments on the CCR recordings. He'd go in after the other guys left and re record their parts. He even rented saxes and learned to play enough to play the parts, sat down behind the organ, drums, and sang the backup.

tim gueguen

According to his autobio, John pretty much played all the instruments on the CCR recordings. He'd go in after the other guys left and re record their parts.

Sounds like ******** to me. I can't imagine someone involved with recording the CCR records not having revealed that years ago.

BigSB

According to his autobiography, JF hung the moon and invented time.

Love a lot of his songs, but he's an arrogant person to say the least.

bob-i

Sounds like ******** to me. I can't imagine someone involved with recording the CCR records not having revealed that years ago.

Yea, and it's well known that JFs first solo album was done all by him, except for a few guest appearances. No way did the drumming kick ass like the CCR recordings, guitar and bass rhythms weren't as strong either. CCR was simply put, a kick ass rock band. JFs solo was wimpy in comparison.

FYI. One of th guest appearances was Mort Saul, political comedian, who played the sax solo on Rock n roll girls. Cool tune, poor recording.

shovelhead82

I saw CCR Sept. 18, 1970 at Boston Garden. Tom had just left the band. John and band (Doug & Stu) played a great show.
JF's energy was incredible. Hard to believe they were from CA with all the swamp imagery in the songs.

msteeln

Hard to believe they were from CA with all the swamp imagery in the songs.
their 'sound' and his great vocals were something he worked hard to develop, and succeeded to exceptional heights. there will never be another like him / them.

tazzboy

I saw CCR Sept. 18, 1970 at Boston Garden. Tom had just left the band. John and band (Doug & Stu) played a great show.
JF's energy was incredible. Hard to believe they were from CA with all the swamp imagery in the songs.

Tom left the band in Feb 1971

tazzboy

The official announcement was made Feb 1971, but he was "gone" before then.

Then how was it when Tom was there in November of 1970 for the recording of Pendulum and the December 15th Night of Generals (As John Refer to in his book)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom