Shania Twain?

Phil3

Well.. I've never listened to her before. Picked up one of her albums in a bundle of cassettes from the Good Will the other day. Figured I'd see what her deal is.

I guess I'll update this thread when the album is over. "Come On Over" is the album title for those who wish to listen along with me.

Update after finishing side A:
Wholesome. I enjoyed it. There was a guitar solo that just kicked butt in one song. I think "From this moment on?"

Overall enjoyable. Wonder what Side B will bring.

Update after side B:
Side 2 wasn't as memorable. per-say. Man I feel like a woman was great. Like ZZ Top with a lady singer. I never knew who wrote that song "That dont impress me much" but now I do, which is interesting.

Last edited:

SushiPowPow

She's a stunner. Her music is very enjoyable, as well.

spinning-shania-twain.gif

Ki4Y.gif

ozraves

Silver Supporting Member
I like how her producer before Mutt said something like he was eating lunch with a bunch of other producers in Nashville and he did not know who this Mutt guy was that was replacing him and he was joking about "What's a Mutt?". I think one of the other producers pointed out that Mutt was Mutt Lange who had sold more albums than all of them at the table combined.

Mudder

Silver Supporting Member
I like how her producer before Mutt said something like he was eating lunch with a bunch of other producers in Nashville and he did not know who this Mutt guy was that was replacing him and he was joking about "What's a Mutt?". I think one of the other producers pointed out that Mutt was Mutt Lange who had sold more albums than all of them at the table combined.
I bet that dude is a forum member here.

DRS

She's no wimp, either

In the early 1980s, Twain spent some time working with her father's reforestation business in northern Ontario, which employed some 75 Ojibwe and Cree workers. Although the work was demanding and the pay low, Twain said, "I loved the feeling of being stranded. I'm not afraid of being in my own environment, being physical, working hard. I was very strong, I walked miles and miles every day and carried heavy loads of trees. You can't shampoo, use soap or deodorant, or makeup, nothing with any scent; you have to bathe and rinse your clothes in the lake. It was a very rugged existence, but I was very creative and I would sit alone in the forest with my dog and a guitar and would just write songs."

Trending Topics

Top Bottom