Shania Twain?

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
1639019920676.gif

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, that's the point. There were *lots* of "California" people putting out music aimed squarely at the "country" market.
Maybe true, but from what I understand she worked herself up from nowhere and got a demo tape to Nashville after years of grinding it out in the clubs, where she got signed by a label. It’s not like she’s an American Idol winner or some tweenie pop princess. I don’t particularly care for her music but I can appreciate the tenacity and unqualified success she had

btg

Silver Supporting Member
I met her right after she released her first record when her label packaged her and two other artists who came and did shorts sets at a club I played often. This was before the Mutt Lange produced albums. She was nice and very attractive. I am glad that she was able to have the success she had. Although it is not my preferred style of music she did write and record some catchy songs

TFR

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't dig it so much when she first hit the scene because her stuff was way overplayed but in retrospect, I like it. I'll take it over a lot of the stuff coming out of Nashville these days.

Rossi163

Silver Supporting Member
An amusing side story:
I had a pair of free tickets to see her at a big arena show with a huge projection screen and noticed that every time the camera zoomed in on her she put her arms up over her head which accentuated and uplifted her rack. Every. Single. Time.
She knew what she was doing, indeed.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
An amusing side story:
I had a pair of free tickets to see her at a big arena show with a huge projection screen and noticed that every time the camera zoomed in on her she put her arms up over her head which accentuated and uplifted her rack. Every. Single. Time.
She knew what she was doing, indeed.
Yup, putting on a show, I would hope that she knew what she was doing, you don’t just get to play an arena and have constant radio and video airplay if you have no ****ing idea what you’re doing

Trending Topics

Top Bottom