Share a Partscaster Build

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jdstrat, Feb 13, 2018.

1. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Supporting Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    Since I already have the link copies to my clipboard, my faux Fano:

[​IMG]

Jdstrat and iaresee like this.
  2. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

3. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

FYI, GFS sells knobs with the numbers right-side-up for guitar, but you might have to change the pots or ream out the interior diameter in the knobs:

https://www.guitarfetish.com/4-Vint...-Knob-Set-of-Four-Volume-and-Tone_p_842.html#

[​IMG]

4. Jdstrat

Jdstrat Supporting Member

5. Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates Member

That is a super interesting build, especially the neck!

I'll talk about my tele:

[​IMG]

I don't wanna just list specs (unless somebody wants that) so I'll talk about what's interesting to me. I wanted it to look and feel mosty like a '66 tele, but with some quality of life changes, and with a solid rosewood neck. The neck has faithful '66 specs, including a veneer fretboard rather than a slab, even though you can't really tell at all without looking extremely closely. I had the headstock finished to match the body, but the rest of the neck is unfinished rosewood. Frets are 6105 stainless.

The painted headstock is not '66-accurate, but it's a good look and it was intended to sort of hide the fact it's not a maple neck unless you look carefully or see the back.

For hardware, I'm using Gotoh's amazing Kluson-style locking tuners. The bridge is sort of a compromise: it's not a Pat# bridge, but it has the logo in the correct location. The saddles are Glendale's Groovy 60's saddles, which give me that threaded steel saddle look while still being properly intonated. Everything else is Fender "True Vintage." Pickups are DiMarzio Area T with modern wiring.

Finally, the logo. I wanted a Fender kind of look without it being a counterfeit, so here's my solution (and Coen Brothers reference):

[​IMG]

CTownSlinger likes this.