Share Your ES335

maplebaby

Mine belonged to a friend who lost a fight with cancer and covid...we had played together for a few decades. Sometime after his passing the family gifted me his 335. It was made in Memphis and i remember how excited he was to get it. I'm honored to have it. Love to hear about your 335 and see one of your favorite pics of it!

i9zStNml.jpg

Last edited:

GT40

Sorry for your loss! I hope you get some good times and great memories from playing the 335. That is a very nice tribute to your friend.

Mine was a surprise gift from my wife and kids for a significant birthday/anniversary. Due to the seemingly inevitable supply chain/pandemic delays, they had to keep the secret for an extra six months while the guitar was finished. It was a real surprise when it arrived in late December '21:
Vkrc9Gv.jpeg

fQ0K6ib.jpeg

kev

fire hydrant
Double Platinum Member
Condolences to you Dale on the loss of your friend and a musical partner, may he rest easy. I know you will make more great music via the guitar.

Here's my 335 - a '72 if you base it off of the embossed covers (never have checked the pot codes). The guitar has been in my life as long back as I can recall, I'm in my 50's. It was my dad's, who is a guitarist also, and traded into it in '75, via a bandmate who owned a music store.

AM-JKLXr0F4W6cf5bNkXduEcnbuEHLYz48NDOBF2LEPPwUD83-ujy3OLcr5f1pcOKNMQBnpRKpr88IBXdJWSs0FbajGuWPL59MSTpO0un1KlqWa7XLwEh46YCOQsCvbwLNYa3TBOFVx_mzeX9I42xXJEMyiGkg=w394-h903-no

maplebaby

Sorry for your loss! I hope you get some good times and great memories from playing the 335. That is a very nice tribute to your friend.

Mine was a surprise gift from my wife and kids for a significant birthday/anniversary. Due to the seemingly inevitable supply chain/pandemic delays, they had to keep the secret for an extra six months while the guitar was finished. It was a real surprise when it arrived in late December '21:
Vkrc9Gv.jpeg

fQ0K6ib.jpeg

thank for posting...great story! Six months is incredibly long waiting on a guitar like this, love the color, can you tell us about the pups, or maybe i'm the only one not familiar. Great story thanks for sharing.

romiso

Gold Supporting Member
Mine belonged to a friend of mine who lost a fight with cancer and covid...we had played together for a few decades. Sometime after his passing the family gifted me his 335. It was made in Memphis and i remember how excited he was to get it. I'm honored to have it. Love to hear about your 335 and see one of your favorite pics of it!

i9zStNml.jpg
I hope that beautiful guitar gives you nothing but great memories of your friend. What a beautiful gesture from his family.

I got mine as part of the infamous CME blowout sale. It’s been a great guitar . Everything i imagined a 335 should be .
View attachment 483920
Mine came from the same blowout sale -- it's a 58RI that I can't see ever parting with. It's been my "jazz" guitar (as in, it has flats on it) for the last few years.

20171005_185455.jpg
20171005_185609.jpg

maplebaby

This is my Jim James Signature ES-335. He’s inspired a lot of things in my life. I used money left to me from an Uncle with a larger-than-life personality that passed way too soon.

oh i like this, walnut finish! Congrats on such a great 335, the walnut takes me to Drew Zingg, and one of my early heros Patrick Simmons who played a walnut 335. Thanks for sharing!

maplebaby

View media item 119967Please excuse any inadvertent offense.... Heritage H535
Gift from my wife for my 50th. I Grew up in Kalamazoo and my dad took me to the factory in about 86 with money I'd saved for a year to buy my first Heritage.

Great story and guitar! that's a killer memory, i had guitar student who went to an event at the factory and brought me back a piece of the floor they were giving away, i cherish it and hope to get there some day.

GT40

thank for posting...great story! Six months is incredibly long waiting on a guitar like this, love the color, can you tell us about the pups, or maybe i'm the only one not familiar. Great story thanks for sharing.
The pickups are Nuevo 90s made by Railhammer.
They're noiseless P90s in humbucker size.
My eldest daughter is a guitar player and knew I didn't have a guitar with P90s. She found out from someone about Railhammer and and included them as part of the build spec.

They are more single coil sounding then the humbuckers in my Les Pauls, but way fatter sounding than the single coils in my strat.
Very well balanced, very articulate but powerful and rowdy enough to push the front end of my amp. Ceramic mags apparently and mid eights to nine K winds.

I like 'em.

Last edited:

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm sure you'll remember your friend fondly whenever you play it ~

Here's a '66 I purchased from a school friend in '68 along with a '66 Deluxe Reverb. I paid $200. for the pair ~
Has some of B.B.'s mojo on it
053ADC4D-DF99-4363-9854-09B4FB815253_1_105_c.jpeg
85190C71-B871-466A-8AC5-F6193B2A01FF_1_105_c.jpeg

maplebaby

Condolences to you Dale on the loss of your friend and a musical partner, may he rest easy. I know you will make more great music via the guitar.

Here's my 335 - a '72 if you base it off of the embossed covers (never have checked the pot codes). The guitar has been in my life as long back as I can recall, I'm in my 50's. It was my dad's, who is a guitarist also, and traded into it in '75, via a bandmate who owned a music store.

AM-JKLXr0F4W6cf5bNkXduEcnbuEHLYz48NDOBF2LEPPwUD83-ujy3OLcr5f1pcOKNMQBnpRKpr88IBXdJWSs0FbajGuWPL59MSTpO0un1KlqWa7XLwEh46YCOQsCvbwLNYa3TBOFVx_mzeX9I42xXJEMyiGkg=w394-h903-no

what a beauty! Gives me a Carlton vibe and love the covers too! That's a great story about your father, special stuff!

Reactions: kev

Trending Topics

Top Bottom