Share your modeled tones!

LolainNB

Shucks, fellas! I appreciate the kind words! :oops:

The laid back track was all improvised. Made a simple three chord loop and then let it take me where it felt right. I've been really trying to focus on phrasing, trying to get my lead playing to sound more melodic and vocal, with a more musical feel. Most of my lead playing ends up sounding like I'm just trying to fill space with notes in a scale and gets repetitive rather than going somewhere and having a start/middle/end, so I'm very encouraged that I seem to be making some progress!

Love it! That sounds great.
Well I hope you keep posting stuff like that. In the meantime I downloaded that clip from soundcloud and have.been playing it on a loop in my car.

X-Mann

There was so much nice words in this one X! Thank you!
I struggle with the entire recording process & getting killer tones to tape (aka Digital). You truly seem to have this mastered & your playing/style speaks for itself. I’ve watched you for a long time & wish I had that level of skill.

Getting LIVE tones with FRFR is a lot easier for me & I seem to get there pretty fast.

X

X-Mann

Fractal AX8 thru a pair of Headrush FRFR 108’s in Stereo.

The guitar parts for the song “Unbelievable” by EMF, done quickly for my bass player James.

Note: I send my bass player isolated guitar part videos when we are about to learn a new song for our 90’s cover band. All direct to iPhone audio here & just something to convey what I’m going to bring to the table at practice. I have a live version with the band of this too & it went over really well.

I just love the scale-ability of digital amp modeling & ALL the different uses.....It’s come a long way now and is really UNBELIEVABLE!!! :D

X

BillTrantos

I'm always interested in listening to other recorded tones, especially when using modeling sources and thought it might be cool to have a thread where we all can share some of our modeled tones. This is not a contest, more or less a place for people to share.

I will sacrifice myself first. Here are a few tunes from my most recent musical endeavor. All tones are Helix Native.

Some details:

- Guitar Right (Tele): Moves back and forth between a Fender Deluxe Reverb and a Marshall Plexi Trem, both with a Timmeh stomp in front for some grit. The delay is almost always Transistor Tape, and then I use some sporadic Particle Verb from the legacy fx.
- Guitar Left (LP): Fender Bassman model with various "real" OD, mod, and delay effects.
- Bass (Jaguar): Ampeg SVT

Man I agree with @ColdFrixion , advertise those songs, play them live, share them everywhere. You're on to something.

timbuck2

I've got a bunch!

Recent comparison between Helix Native, Axe FX III, and Headrush Gigboard:

Older comparison between Helix, AX8, and Gigboard:

Comparison between Helix, AX8, and Atomic Amplifire:

wow in some areas they are close and others not. the axefx3 seems spankier and more dimensional if thats possible. Headrush was decent but not so forward to me. helix was ok but harsh in some ways.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
wow in some areas they are close and others not. the axefx3 seems spankier and more dimensional if thats possible. Headrush was decent but not so forward to me. helix was ok but harsh in some ways.
Exactly the same impressions I have had! What are you listening to the clips on?

blueworm

Cool thread, awesome posts! :)

Here are two tracks of mine:

First one is 4 versions of Wichita Lineman, with tone varying from Fenderish to Vox-alike ...

This one is a riff with more of a Brit style (6 versions)

In both tracks that's the original audio which is re-amp. I'm using Blue Cat Axiom and there's no specific amp model per se - though it comes with a lot of factory presets.
All presets used here are my own tweaks using various IRs.

Strat335

Just had to thank you for posting, really enjoyed your music this morning watching the sun come up.

I'm always interested in listening to other recorded tones, especially when using modeling sources and thought it might be cool to have a thread where we all can share some of our modeled tones. This is not a contest, more or less a place for people to share.

I will sacrifice myself first. Here are a few tunes from my most recent musical endeavor. All tones are Helix Native.

Some details:

- Guitar Right (Tele): Moves back and forth between a Fender Deluxe Reverb and a Marshall Plexi Trem, both with a Timmeh stomp in front for some grit. The delay is almost always Transistor Tape, and then I use some sporadic Particle Verb from the legacy fx.
- Guitar Left (LP): Fender Bassman model with various "real" OD, mod, and delay effects.
- Bass (Jaguar): Ampeg SVT

maxnew40

Wow, all of you guys posting your music just reinforces my feeling that I am just not a very good song writer. You guys Rock!

eoengineer

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, all of you guys posting your music just reinforces my feeling that I am just not a very good song writer. You guys Rock!
Well you should feel free to share if you are comfortable. This thread isn't about how good or bad things are, just people sharing modeling-driven tones or ideas they are working on.

eoengineer

Gold Supporting Member

First one is 4 versions of Wichita Lineman, with tone varying from Fenderish to Vox-alike ...

In both tracks that's the original audio which is re-amp. I'm using Blue Cat Axiom and there's no specific amp model per se - though it comes with a lot of factory presets.
I really enjoyed the first clean tone in that first track. Great playing too.

eoengineer

Gold Supporting Member
What you are describing makes it seem like the Fractal models are less compressed when compared to similar models on other platforms.

VCuomo

This was done with an HD500X. I was one of the few that actually liked the POD.

Sweet! :aok Sounds very Pink Floyd-ish to me, especially the intro.

I used an HD500 for a few years - that video makes me want to pull it out of the closet, dust it off, and play through it for a bit! :)

Very nice tones! Would you maybe share your Axiom / Destructor presets?

Imerkat

Silver Supporting Member
This is an example I made of my One Helix preset I use for everything. it's a Supro preamp into a clean Mark IV. the secret to this tone is the H9 Sculpt Effect which changes everything about the tone and feel like magic: