Share your Skreddy LMMD settings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Outlier, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey everyone,

I got my Lunar Module Mini Deluxe recently and I'm loving the versatility of it. I wanted to start a thread where people can share their favorite settings or a setting for a particular artist or song. Thanks for sharing!

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

There are many good settings, but I found myself going back to the setting it shipped in (the one pictured on the site).

I found myself trying to balance the pre-gain bass and post-gain treble. I really liked the sound I got when the pre-gain bass was cranked, which meant I needed more post-gain treble, which results in a more scooped sound. Keeping the bass and treble down gives more midrange cut-through, but, IMO, a less interesting sound (still sounds great, but not that breathing low-end). When I had the LM, I didn't have an EQ pedal, but I think keeping the bass and treble dimed, then going into a midboost EQ would be the best.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Thanks Heady Jam Fan. I liked the default setting too. Great advice on the eq. I've been playing with the eq tilt from my diamond compressor into the LMMD and I get some very interesting tones by keeping bass and treble moderate on the LMMD and then feeding it bass tilted or treble tilted signal from the compressor. So much fun!

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Best fuzz out there IMO!

Ever try the comp after the LM? I wonder if feeding the pre-gain bass on the LM, then using the eq to bring the bass back down? Just curious how that would work out.

5. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

Right now I have everything on mine set to 2:00. No joke. Also — pretty awesome.

6. rico1204

rico1204 Member

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Heady Jam Fan- Haven't tried the comp after the LMMD but might try it out. In my experience compression before a drive pedal sounds best but you never know...

rico1204- that is a great link! Floyd fans will like that one.

8. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Why would you be joking? That is my favorite setting too! Everything at 2 sounds fantastic, especially for the Time solo. Sometimes I turn pre- up to 3pm for a hotter signal and volume down to 11am if I want unity gain.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  9. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Member

I tried my Diamond Comp after my LMD, but there was just too much feedback. I had to keep the volume really low on both pedals - lower than unity gain on my amp, and much lower than I like it on the LMD - just to keep it from squealing. The Comp works MUCH better in front of the LMD.

10. crxshdxmmy

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

I tried out switching the comp and the LMMD in order and much prefer the comp before the LMMD. Worth a try anyway.

12. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

After reading this thread, I tried the 2:00 trick and you guys are right. That's a great setting.

The only thing about it that I'm still working on is getting enough low end chunk without it beig spitty with Strat>LMMD>DLSv1>DRRI. What am I missing? (maybe I just need to realize that I won't get low end chunk with a Strat)

13. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

Easy. Just reduce the compression by turning down the "range" to 9:00 o'clock and increase the bass by turning the "body" down also to 9:00 o'clock. Plenty of low end without increasing the spittiness..

14. crxshdxmmy

Yeah... I'm not sure you're going to find "chunk" — but there is more low end to he had.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yes that 2 o'clock setting is very nice. I find it starts to get very noisy when I dial up a lot of range or brite, like unplayable noisy. So I tend to back these settings off to avoid a wall of hiss.

16. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Another setting I like is:

Range 3pm
    Brite 12pm
    Body 12pm-1pm
    Fuzz 2pm

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

tnt365- that's a good sound for me too. I'm learning to turn things up for single note fuzzy goodness and ratchet it all back for chords so it doesn't all got to hell.

18. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Supporting Member

Subscribed. Just got my second-half payment invoice (and paid it). It's on ... like that gorilla barrel game.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Here is another setting I stumbled on and really like. Vol 1, Fuzz, 1, Body 2, Bite 11, Range 11. Just tasty. I feed it a small amount of compressed signal out of my compressor. Very responsive to volume controls on my PRS too.