1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Shareware Recording Software

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by rawkguitarist, Jun 29, 2005.

1. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I would like to be able to record sound samples, but I don't have protools or the like... What is the most economical way to record to my laptop? Is there a way to plug my beta 57/mic pre into my mic input on the computer?

I don't need fancy editing software just a way to record a few tracks that sound decent, as apposed to the compressed format my little digital Korg 4 track offers. Sorry if I come off as completely ignorant of digital audio, the simple fact is... I am.

Thanks

2. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Moved to the Recording section

3. dwoovre

dwoovre Member

4. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Thanks for the reply, that exactly what I'm talking about!

5. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I've been using Audacity for a few months as a learning tool using the loop function. In the last 2 days I've been recording with it and like it so far. That is if I can figure out a couple of small things I don't know how to do.

So far it's bee pretty simple and it interfaces seemlessly with the Tascam US122 I'm using.

Also recognizes my M-Audio Rev 7.1.

Jeffhef

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Yeah, I'm going to try some of this software out, I just need to get an inexpensive audio interface. All I want it for is to record sound samples and some basic song ideas. I'm not looking to record my next big hit....

I have about 7 g's of pedals, but I can't drop the coin on an Mbox, LOL!