Sharing the love...just because

edward

Silver Supporting Member
I have owned this '07 R4 for about one year now, but when I got it was pretty clean. Now after roughly a solid year of playing, here it is, evidence of the love!
At the bout where arm is ...sweat doin its thing, LOL:

I know it's only just modest wear, but its on its way to join my well-used LPC and '80 Strat. Slow day and just wanted to share the mojo. Your turn, anybody? ;)

Edward

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! Keep doing what you are doing. Well-used is also well loved!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
I never understood how people can get the arm wear! Ive been playing my Les Paul for 10 years and not a single sign of use in the forearm area. Weird!

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
I never understood how people can get the arm wear! Ive been playing my Les Paul for 10 years and not a single sign of use in the forearm area. Weird!
It's body chemistry. You gotta have the acid sweat. My son's sweat can do more damage in a week than mine can do in a decade. I once lent him a guitar with nickel strings. When I picked it up the next day the strings were crusted with rust. The high E was dang near eaten through. He has since switched to coated strings.

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
It's body chemistry. You gotta have the acid sweat. My son's sweat can do more damage in a week than mine can do in a decade. I once lent him a guitar with nickel strings. When I picked it up the next day the strings were crusted with rust. The high E was dang near eaten through. He has since switched to coated strings.
Its crazy, isnt it? Come to think of it, i dont crust up strings either, although i do change them somewhat often.

edward

Silver Supporting Member
Sweat...acid or inert, hahaha!
I had a buddy of mine long ago who could not get past one stinkin week without his strings turning to rusty, corroded nastiness ...I couldn't even bear touching his strings, bleaahhh! For me, my hands don't sweat so strings thankfully last quite some time. But the rest of me?...well lets just say when I'm a playin, the guitar's top has to deal with my pores ;)

Edward

Guitarworks

I've had that dulled nickel taking place on one of my PRS wraparounds for the last 12 years. I tried to keep it looking shined up, but it won't take a shine anymore. It's a super-comfortable tailpiece, though.

paulbearer

OK, I could contribute and add a picture of one of *my* guitars
impacted by friction and sweat,
but I'd rather contemplate the same on the bout of this one below...

Sharing the love 'just because': (someone forwarded me her channel today and this is the perfect thread to weave into)

I gotta do the "super extreme closeup macro photo" thing on my oldest guitar, I'm sure similar wear will be there. Now to get out the macro lens! Cool shots - what did you use to shoot that?

Trending Topics