• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Shawn Tubbs Current Pedalboard

Calaban

That is a really nice board there. Fantastic wiring...I would like to do that to my board some day.

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
Great looking board.

Shawn is the man.

Looks like George L and Switchcraft ends. His main guitar cable appears to be a Evidence Lyric HG. My personal fave as well.

Matt

Last edited:

Shawn Tubbs

Great looking board.

Shawn is the man.

Looks like George L and Switchcraft ends. His main guitar cable appears to be a Evidence Lyric HG. My personal fave as well.

Matt
Yep that eagle eyed Matt is correct. Georgle Ls cable with Switchcraft 226 and 280 ends. Just checking out the Evidence audio stuff. I really like it!

Shawn

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
Yep that eagle eyed Matt is correct. Georgle Ls cable with Switchcraft 226 and 280 ends. Just checking out the Evidence audio stuff. I really like it!

Shawn
The board looks great Shawn. The Evidence is very cool; my fave cables for many years and Tony is the epitome of great customer service.

Matt

Shawn Tubbs

The board looks great Shawn. The Evidence is very cool; my fave cables for many years and Tony is the epitome of great customer service.

Matt
Thanks Matt. Yeah Tony is awesome!! Really appreciate him. He's the real deal indeed!!

It's Time!

I use to hang out with Sean when he ran the Mesa Boogie store on Euclid St. in Fountain Valley here in Orange County down the street from Guitar Center.

Dajbro

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance I'd like to know the order of your signal chain, thoughts behind not having the DL-4 and Keeley in a loop, and how/why you use each of the pedals, especially the gains.

Thanks again.

Shawn Tubbs

Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance I'd like to know the order of your signal chain, thoughts behind not having the DL-4 and Keeley in a loop, and how/why you use each of the pedals, especially the gains.

Thanks again.
Here ya go

GTR>WAH>KEELEY>

Loops

1 Tim
2 Eternity 1
3 Eternity 2
4 Klon
5 Box of Rock
6 Trem
7 Chorus
8 Vibe
9 Time Factor

out to Volume>DL4>Amp

The Keeley is only used with my Newport 12 string and is in line not in a loop. The OD boxes are assigned to specific guitars but I usualy just hit my D13 head for the majority of the gain. The box of rock works great with the Hamers, The Tim is great with the Doozy, and so on...

Best

Shawn

Dajbro

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Shawn, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm trying to put together a board for a project and seeing what and why guys like you do what you do really helps.

If you're using the amp for gain, are the delays in the fx loop? I don't even know if your D13 has one....

And I guess you're not stacking gain pedals much/often?

Shawn Tubbs

Thanks Shawn, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm trying to put together a board for a project and seeing what and why guys like you do what you do really helps.

If you're using the amp for gain, are the delays in the fx loop? I don't even know if your D13 has one....

And I guess you're not stacking gain pedals much/often?
Yep there's no fx loops on my d13s and I normaly don't stack pedals...

Ian

Wow, that's a great looking board!

Since you've got a Timefactor delay and no effects loop on your D13 amp, are you using the gain pedals for gain tones? I never liked a gainy amp with a delay in front....

This is a long way from your old rack setup when I met you at the Boogie shop years and years go....CAE3+ and Egnater IE4 preamps.....PCM70, 2290, etc.....

Thanks

Trending Topics