Shawn Tubbs's Touring Board

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
I originally posted this at Huge Racks Inc. (www.hugeracksinc.com) but figured you guys might appreciate this as well.

Got to hang with Shawn in Las Vegas this past weekend.

For those of you who don't know of Shawn, he has perhaps the most envious guitar gig in the business, as he is the touring lead guitar player for Carrie Underwood.

Shawn really went out of his way for me and my wife and arranged for us to meet Carrie and then gave us a tour of backstage and onstage. A truly gracious person and an AMAZING player.

Shawn is using a combination of Dusenberg and Hamer guitars with a GT PRS thrown in for some of the rockier stuff. For amplifiers and effects, he is using a Divided by 13 LDW and a HUGE Trailer Trash board:

Here's a pic of Shawn with his Blue Dusey:

The band was killer and uber tight.

Shawn thought they had experienced some "technical difficulties" but I couldn't hear them from the floor.

A great show. I would encourage you guys to catch the tour if it comes thru.

Matt

Pat Healy

I've been a huge fan of Shawn's since his TVB days and have been very influenced by his playing. It seems as though the Carrie gig has brought him some of the visibility and recognition he deserves. And that's a cool board!

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
I've been a huge fan of Shawn's since his TVB days and have been very influenced by his playing. It seems as though the Carrie gig has brought him some of the visibility and recognition he deserves. And that's a cool board!
I think the coolest thing about the board is that he wired it himself. He told me he was too OCD to have anyone else do it.

Matt

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
matt, did he go over why he is running the dl4 and time factor? cheers

I asked him specifically.

The DL4 is set for his main slapback and the Time Factor has all of his solo presets.

His main LDW tone was great with just a hint of delay.

Matt

The Kid

That's incredible. That's a heck of a gig to have. Sounds like it was a great hang too. You know all the cats man. I gotta hang with you.

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
That's incredible. That's a heck of a gig to have. Sounds like it was a great hang too. You know all the cats man. I gotta hang with you.
Mikey-

It's all beer and Sushi on Steve90210 when we hang!

Matt

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Silver Supporting Member
For any of you guys interested, Shawn was on American Idol last night with Carrie Underwood.

Gold Hamer and Vox AC30.

http://www.youtube.com/v/oXvdstdkRdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oXvdstdkRdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Matt

Trending Topics