Shell Pink

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
I know this is not exactly PC but do you think pink is now acceptable since there is less fear of being considered feminine? When I was younger men had to actively avoid anything feminine but now maybe that has changed?
I'm asking as an American who has lived in Japan for the last 10 years and purely through reddit and the news has seen societal changes over the decade.
This is where feminism helps everyone. Everyone can be free to like what they like without implication. Agreed with the poster above. As a large tattooed bearded guy I wear a lot of bright colors and pastels to appear less threatening, and also because those colors are awesome and being stuck with earthtones just because you're a dude is dumb.

Anyway, shell pink is one of my favorite colors on guitars:

Arcadia

Silver Supporting Member
Not for me, but a cool classic color. I'd rate it below Fiesta Red. Of the solid classic colors, I prefer Sea Foam Green, Daphne Blue.

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
now that I think about it, I had a pair of those K2 skis in hot pink in the late 80s. They were killer mogul skis...and the pink was very trendy back then.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I know this is not exactly PC but do you think pink is now acceptable since there is less fear of being considered feminine? When I was younger men had to actively avoid anything feminine but now maybe that has changed?
I'm asking as an American who has lived in Japan for the last 10 years and purely through reddit and the news has seen societal changes over the decade.
As someone who pays wayy too much attention to gender stuff, I have to agree with this.

I had a pink oxford shirt that I wore a lot in HS, back in the preppie 80s.
So, guess things "come back"
Everything is cyclical, fashion doubly so.

Ryan x Decent

I've been into shell pink for around 20 years now, I think the Tom Delonge signature strat was the first shell pink guitar I saw, and I instantly fell in love with it.

zeffbeff

I've always loved that finish. It's not "me," but I can definitely see the appeal. Throw in a dark rosewood board and tons of playing-wear, and you have a winner!

pewing33ny

Silver Supporting Member
I have two of those.
Fender USA Shell PINK
NASH S-63 Shell PINK two tone( relic)

I've been hunting for a Suhr S SSS in shell pink with maple fretboard and it doesn't seem like I'll ever find a used one and I don't want to drop $3500 on a custom when I pretty much just want a Classic S but in shell pink.

How do you like the Nash? Does it have stainless steel frets? I've seen a few online posts saying Nash has stainless steel frets but can't really find that information. Have you compared it to a Suhr ever?

I like the fact that Nash has the color/look that I want along with the Lollar dirty blondes which is the exact set I want to try. I also love the Suhr satin neck, and even though I dislike relics, it would be a pro to have the finish removed from the back. Also wish there was a 22 fret neck option, but other than a partscaster which I don't want to invest in, there really aren't other options.

Trending Topics