Shelley Park Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jtodds, May 30, 2008.

1. jtodds

jtodds Member

I came across a guitar made by her and it is wonderful. Anyone know anything or have any experience with the luthier and/or the guitars?
    Thanks.

2. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I bought a guitar from her this last summer and have been in touch with her a couple of times since then. I have no reason to think she's not still doing business.

You might contact Cliff at Destroy All Guitars - he's repping her and has her building a model for him.

Her guitars are tremendous, really beautiful. I am a huge fanboy of her work.

3. jtodds

jtodds Member

Thanks - I did contact Cliff and had a GREAT conversation about Park guitars.
    As well, I tried a phone number and Shelley called me back and left a message.
    Apparently there is something going on with the webmaster or something and she is very much in business. I will keep the thread up for anyone who has had experience with Park guitars and wants to chime in.

Jason

4. snarkle

snarkle Member

Shelley's a friend, and she's very much in business. Her guitars are fantastic. I don't do the gypsy-jazz thing, but if I did one of hers would be my first purchase...and I kind of want one anyway...

5. MartinPiana

MartinPiana Supporting Member

6. halted

halted Silver Supporting Member

7. matte

matte Senior Member

i had the pleasure of owning one of shelley's guitars 3 years ago. exceptional instrument.

8. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I don't play Gypsy jazz or acoustic either. I just love the guitar. You play a note and you have to mute all the other strings because any sympathetic vibrations out there, the other strings are going to pick up. Every note rings for days - the guitar feels like the notes are exploding out of it. And it freakin' screams for slide.

Shelley's quite cool with that, btw - I told her how much I loved the guitar for the wrong reasons and she said she appreciated hearing people talk about her guitars that way because most people seem to think they're only for acoustic jazz for some reason... :)

[​IMG]