Sheptone 6T8 pickups?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by A-Mags, May 3, 2016.

1. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

I was curious about user reviews of these pickups. Especially on 335/345 style guitars.

Thanks!

2. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

I had a set of Sheptone AB PAF's that were excellent! You'll be very happy w/ his p/ups! Email him and get his opinion as well.

3. carlosLobato

carlosLobato Member

Interested in this, too. I may pull the trigger very soon on a 6T8 set for a 70's El Maya 335.

4. Garrett Bagby

Garrett Bagby Member

5. electricity17

electricity17 Supporting Member

I've got 6T8's in my ES-333. I had Sheptone Tributes in it before but I wanted to try the T-Top's and see how they sounded. I prefer them in that guitar because they're brighter and more open, and I like brighter tones. They still have a lot of bite and power. And I can use the neck pickup now which wasn't as great with PAF's.

I love Sheptone humbuckers for Les Pauls, and I've got AB Customs in a Studio and Tributes in a G0. The Tributes sounded good in the 333 and I gigged with them for awhile, but I'm happy that I made the switch. If you play blues, jazz or something with lower gain then the PAF's might be perfect, or if you want to go darker. I play loud rock 'n' roll and I need to cut through while playing with another guitar player with an LP and an Orange OR50.

6. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

7. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

Any one try them yet?

8. pine

pine Silver Supporting Member

I have a set in my Epiphone dot 335, and they are never coming out. My friends all love them and say they sound better than their Gibson 335s do.

A-Mags likes this.