Sheraton II p/u change

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by scott757, Jun 6, 2008.

1. scott757

scott757 Supporting Member

Has anyone put Gibson 57 and 57 plus p/u's in a sheraton II? I think these guitars are really pretty and play wondefully. But I hate the stock p/u's. Thoughts and experiences with these p/u's would be appreciated.

2. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

have a sheraton II, its about a year old and totally agree the stock pups are horrid, I went with some Amalfitano pups, he is local and really has some great pups, and I have 4 conductor humbuckers to split the coils, its an amazing guitar now, the gibsons are always a safe bet on a guitar like that, but I really love my amalfitano's, they are the ones Jerry has in his semi hollow body heritage.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8n7ad/amalfitanopickups/id2.html

3. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Member

I put a pair of Lollar Imperials in mine. Difference is night and day. The base guitar plays and sounds wonderful (quite a bargain these are...I paid like $430 for mine new before GC stopped wheeling and dealing). Even adding in teh cost of teh Lollars the guitar is still a fantastic value.

4. moo cow

moo cow Supporting Member

i used to have a sheraton II that i put duncan pearly gates in. totally transformed the guitar. pretty much any decent pickup you put in that guitar will be an improvement.

5. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

I have a pair of real, but reworked PAF's in mine.

Smokin' tone...:bow

Too bad the neck's too thin for me.

6. lennon08

lennon08 Member

I had one put in the bridge and sounds like a dream!

7. eryque

eryque Member

I went for Duncan '59s in the one I had and I loved the tone. The Gibson '57s are very similar sounding, though I think that the '59s might have some more harmonic content on the high end that really shines with a little crunch.