• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

shielding help!

lovesickmusic

I have a modded to death Jagmaster with p90's. thing is buzzing....however with the toggle in the middle it is dead quite. would shielding get rid if the buzz?

JJuran

p90's are single coil pickups, so they're going to pickup what any other single coil does. Shielding can help, but won't eliminate it.

The reason they're silent with both on is because one of them is reverse wound.

nrandall85

JJuran got it on the money. I would also check to make sure all your grounds are in the right place, bridge grounded, pots grounded together, every ground going to a single point, etc.

Tidewater Custom Shop

Performance Enhancing Guitarworks
Silver Supporting Member
p90's are single coil pickups, so they're going to pickup what any other single coil does. Shielding can help, but won't eliminate it.

The reason they're silent with both on is because one of them is reverse wound.
JJuran got it on the money. I would also check to make sure all your grounds are in the right place, bridge grounded, pots grounded together, every ground going to a single point, etc.
Uh huh and uh huh.

I use that StewMac conductive shielding paint in any guitar with single coils. Most recently a guitar with 2 vintage Gibson P-90s. That thing is dead quiet. Sheilding paint went into the pickup cavities (no pickguard on this guitar) and the control cavity. I also cut up a thin aluminum ducting sheet to provide extra protection around the switch and controls.

Dead quiet I tell ya. Is it worth the price of a small can of paint, the ducting, and the time? Yeah.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom