Shimmer reverb advice

Robbi Rose

Hey guys

I'm looking at getting a shimmer reverb but I'm new to them so I was wondering how many there are.

I'm leaning toward the Hardwire Supernatural.

Just wondered what you thought of them as well.

cheers Robbi

Yarnhawk

I've got a Mr Black Eterna, and absolutely love it. From subtle, natural upper harmonic sounds to full on shimmery goodness, it sounds fantastic. Rad company too.

the tourist

My favorit is the Stereo wet version.
Does the stereo wet do actual octave shimmer...?

I have a Supernatural, i honestly think the Verbzilla is the way to go.
Verbzilla was okay when it wasn't in my main signal path. At the time I was running two amps with the Verbzilla and a Volume Pedal going into amp B and only used that amp for shimmer so I didn't have to worry about the bypass tone. When I ran it into my main amp when I stopped playing in stereo, it colored my tone more than I wanted.

I've got a Mr Black Eterna, and absolutely love it. From subtle, natural upper harmonic sounds to full on shimmery goodness, it sounds fantastic. Rad company too.
I would have liked the Eterna if there was a tone control. Holy cow, the high end was like an ice cream headache.

Jules-RM

I have never used the Verbzilla. Does it have Shimmer?

What would you say was wrong with the Supernatural?

Cheers
The Verbzilla has an octave up shimmer, the Supernatural only has a 5th up... I think.

The M5 is another good option. Personally, I preferred the PitchFactor for shimmer, but that's a lot of scratch for just Shimmer.

lhama

Yes, you can load it up via the editor. If you got a mono rig, then you can have two algos loaded on the stereo wet, and change them by plugin in a dummy jack in the secound output.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Gold Supporting Member
I prefer the shimmer in the Strymon blueSky (BSR). BigSky is an option but may be overkill for your needs.

Contrary to recent statements on TGP, I experienced no tone suck with this or any Strymon pedals. In fact, the BSR solved my tone issues in buffered bypass mode--I needed a buffer deep in my chain.

bschultzjames

I owned the supernatural for a while and loved it. The shimmer it does is dissonant. If you're playing minor keys a lot it works, but if you want something pretty you may have a hard time.

I also owned a blue sky reverb for a while. I preferred it's shimmer for all applications, it could be both dissonant or melodic depending on what you play.

jonthomas83

Mr Black Eterna Gold Modified, love it!

This pedal gets asked over and over, makes me think that the site should do something more to help people get hold of these old threads to save making new ones. No slight on the mods though, it's just my thoughts.

slap_back05

I use Octo on the M9. Won't be changing to anything else. Tried the Supernatural but it just didn't do it for me.

Trending Topics