Shin ei companion FY 2 clone

fuzzinator

There's a guy selling clones on eBay, and I have yet to read a review of them.

I have an original, but it has a pretty nasty volume drop. I'd be happy to come across a clone that rectifies that issue.

jgyn

I bought one a few months ago from eBay from someone who made a General Guitar Gadgets clone.

spiritofeden

There's a guy selling clones on eBay, and I have yet to read a review of them.

I have an original, but it has a pretty nasty volume drop. I'd be happy to come across a clone that rectifies that issue.

Yes I have that clone on the object I'm observing on ebay. But I don't know how to look for informations about it...

SteveStevens

While not exactly a Shin-Ei clone (or is it?), Greg at www.solidgoldfx.com is making a clone of the Ibanez Standard Fuzz, which I believe is very closely related to the Shin-Ei. Correct me if I'm wrong. He has fixed a few things that made the originals a little noisy. Other than that-straight up clone.

Steve

spiritofeden

But what about the MJM China Fuzz? It's a clone of the UNIVOX SUPERFUZZ and I red that the SHIN EI is a univox clone. Is it true? Could anyone compare the 2 pedals? I'm looking for the JESUS AND THE MARY CHAIN tone...

warioblast

No
fy-2schem.gif

superfuzz2.gif

spiritofeden

Funny, it's the first file I found when I started looking for the Shin Ei!
But I think I discovered the truth. The shin ei SUPERFUZ it's a clone of the UNIVOX SUPERFUZZ and that's what the CHINA FUZZ it's about. The shin ei FY is completely different nad has just 2 transistors instead of 6, this makes it sound much wilder. And there not seem to be official boutique clones of the FY2...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom