• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Shin-ei Vibe-Bro

wichita

I was originally going to help Dustin with sales and marketing when he was first building his Vibes. Suddenly he decided to work with Bob Feldman and that was fine with me, no big deal.
I felt a little dissed but.. what the heck, I have a lot going on so it didn't hurt my feelings too badly.

The bottom line is that I would get a Vibe from Dustin if you can.
I have his vibe on my board. He is a good guy, knows vibes and that is the one to have.

Last edited:

bobbradley

No center control to put that pluse right where it should be and I'm out. Preamp sound exact on these but it's not the offset I like to hear, a bit too straight. Captain coco until something improves.

wichita

And now we have a rabbit hole within a rabbit hole!
I have one of Dustin's original vibes. It is richer and thicker sounding than any vibe I have had. Mine is in a project box so its way before the Sir Henry stuff.. but it is the most liquid and throbbing vibe I have owned.

Bluesman79

Silver Supporting Member
I wanted the Vibe Bro before I read this entire thread. I’m on the fence now. Are people still digging theirs?

Hilarious/angry thread btw

Supercubziggy

I still like mine. Have played with the trim pots and Ab’d it against my 1969 Univibe with good results. It’s on my board because the original is worth too much to take out of the house...

2octup

This thread is a mess. Really an indictment on a certain element that hangs out around here these days. Pretty sad really. 10 years ago the discussion would have been bit more civil. The unabashed hate rooted in zero knowledge of the subject is truly staggering. That aside...

I'd really like to try the Vibe-Bro...but it's bit rich for my blood though. I'm not afraid to spend that kind of money on a pedal but I really like what I have.

Ultimately, my opinion is purely based on the interaction I've had with Dustin...one of the guys involved in the Vibe-Bro.

He serviced my original Sweetsound Ultravibe and did a phenomenal job. The Ultra started to have issues and I was lucky enough to get in touch with Dustin. This was back when they were still in development of the Vibe-Bro. He went above and beyond to make sure I was happy once it was returned to me. Wish I was able to have more contact with him while I lived in Austin.
Thanks and that was an excellent sounding unit!!! You still got?

2octup

Is this in reference to my comment? If not, your timing is VERY suspect. If so, please justify their charging more money for a foot controller than an entire unit costs, with shipping, that has been said by many to sound the most like the original. I don't appreciate the "certain element" comment. Were you a defender of a certain wah pedal too?

They may be great guys, and they may do great work, but they really need to work on their advertising, as most of it implies that they were somehow responsible for the original unit, when in reality they bought the name for the company in 2015. Edit: In addition, if their work is so great, why void the warranty if the pedal is opened? Why not show pics of their great work? Everyone knows what the original circuit looks like, and adding true bypass isn't some kind of magic. In addition where is it manufactured? If it is made in the good old USA wouldn't a Texas company plaster that all over the place? If it is made in China, then why does it cost so much? The components may be top shelf, but they do not justify the price.
Yep totally. I tried man I really did. It got all f’d really quick.

2octup

I think the unit sounds great. If the unit is actually made in Austin why does the website not scream that out? Do they make it in the same suite they share with Hiwatt? Just because somebody says it is so doesn't make it true. I think the thing sounds great, but if it is made overseas then the price should reflect the savings: that is what capitalism is supposed to be all about.
The first ones I made

2octup

Mine arrived a day early...had plenty of play time with it last night. I am in complete agreement with the RACKDOCTOR. The housing is like a tank...much heavier than the original units. Beautiful unit! Sound is spot on.
The housing Caves under pressure. I’ve seen a couple bend

2octup

MAyn!!! Why is there so much hate??? Have yall haters played the Vibe Bro? Moreover, for yall that have such negative feelings---- are yall vibe players? How many vibe pedals have yall gone thru to compare? Just saying.... All bs aside ----- cool out....
Hate! Hate hate!!!

Trending Topics