• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Shinyribs Band (Kevin Russell) Are you digging' 'em?

stephenT

OK, I'm a big Gourds fan and a large part of the reason is the fairly amazing Kevin Russell. The Gourds are on hiatus,.. but we have the Shinyribs band. Kevin is an Texas original, hell of a songwriter (i love songs where the meaning isn't immediately obvious), damn good singer, and for a chubby guy not a bad dancer,...

Here's a full set of mirth and fun (I'm digging Kev on six string uke), be sure to stick around for "Sweet Potato", "Me and Paul" and "Poor Peoples Store".

We's all in the same boat brother,...

Jpdiff

Platinum Supporting Member
Got to see 2 Shinyribs sets at MusicFest in Steamboat last year! So happy I did! Great entertainers that obviously enjoy putting on a show.....even outdoors when it's bone chilling cold.

2guests

Kevin Russell was in a band I used to go see back in my '80's college days called the Picket Line Coyotes. They were a fun, rocking, punk band. I'm glad to see he is still using all that talent he has and entertaining people.

Last edited:

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
Gonna revive this one as I just discovered these guys myself...love this band! "I don't give a sh*t" is destined to be a classic and I can't get it out of my head! :D

fataxeman

Gold Supporting Member
I do dig them and absolutely love this:

I saw Shinyribs this time last year at Merlefest. He/they were one of the groups paying homage to Prince. He did a great (and funny) version of When Doves Cry. They also did a nice version of Golden Years.

I am roughly Kevin's size and wish I was the dancer he is.

Reactions: RGB

Trending Topics