Shipping costs

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kmaz, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Are they a deal breaker for you? I was about to order a wiring kit from RS Guitarworks for about $38, then found that the shipping was going to be $26.75 to Canada.

I emptied my Cart.

2. BBender

BBender Member

3. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Member

I'm in Canada, too. If you're going to buy from RS, I suggest buying a few more things since you're already paying a steep shipping charge and wait for them to have a 15% - 20% off sale. They usually a do a few times each year.

4. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

I had the same question when I was living in Toronto. I asked RSGuitarworks and they refused to put it in a bubblewrap envelope. It was 1 potentiometer, they said it would get damaged. Pot was $8, shipping was like $20. Needless to say I didn't buy it. lol.

5. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Member

Oh, you can also try JS Moore. He's a Mojotone dealer. Great guy and he's in Hamilton.

6. b2sc

b2sc Member

I live in the US and the only reason I don't order from RS is thier rediculous shipping charges.

I see it's worse in Canada.

I don't buy into all (just some) of thre hype so i'm fine buying quality regular CTS pots with regular $6.95 type shipping charges. (just an example)

7. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

To complicate things a bit, I'm after some quality Lefthand pots. I figured that the quality from RS would be top-shelf, but their charge for shipping is quite a turn-off.

I've sent an email off to JS Moore but haven't heard back.

8. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Got to agree with the shipping being high from them.

I only did an order from them shipped once.
    A good sale helped to offset the cost.

Hey I can ship a guitar for $40. and change (less than $41.).

I've bought a couple of other times but at the Dallas Show in person.

9. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Haha - You should try the cost of getting a guitar shipped to Australia... $300 up to $500 !!

But seriously - I've bought LOTS of smaller stuff from the US where the shipping cost was equivalent, if not MORE than the price of the item. For instance, I recently purchased some Virtuoso Polish. I think the bottles were $19, but shipping was something like $25 ! Same with strings.

But the silly part is....it's STILL cheaper than buying it in a store here.... Go figure! :huh

10. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Member

Kmaz, I just remember something - the only shipping option RS offers for us Canucks now is air shipping. That's why it seems so expensive but it's really not. I remember I bought some loose parts off them years ago when they did ship via ground and I had to pay a $25 brokerage fee on top of the shipping costs. No brokerage fee with air shipments and you get it within a few days.