Shipping in Summer

Wmacky

I'm about to buy a guitar online, but I live in Sweltering humid Florida, and it's the middle of summer. Bad time to ship a guitar? Would you be concerned?

Staticbuster

I wasn't worried about having a guitar shipped to me last week in 95 degree Georgia. I did make sure I was around to meet the delivery guy, as I didn't want it sitting on the truck any more than need be. Winter, summer, it's all good.

Flyin' Brian

How many instruments are shipped by factories and dealers every day with no temperature related damage? Don't over think this.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
I bought one recently and the seller chose to ship on a Monday so that it didn't sit in a trailer or warehouse over the weekend. I wasn't too concerned but didn't think it could hurt to be cautious.

73Fender

I have one coming today from FL..fingers crossed..picking it up at the local Fedex facility.. PRS Korina MCCarty Braz board. I've been a little worried too..especially after the :"busted neck heel during shipping" thread.

Jo-Jo Beans

Just like when buying in the winter, let the guitar acclimatize to your air-conditioned home for a few hours before opening the box or anything. Truss rod and intonation should be adjusted when you open it, but other than that there shouldn't be a problem.

Unless it's a guitar with no finish on it and you're leaving it outdoors in a Louisiana swamp all summer (or in Houston, where I lived for two years), a few hours/days of humidity won't cause any problems at all. A fair amount of humidity is actually good for a guitar - I keep humidifiers in all my cases now that I'm back in the dry desert part of the U.S.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom