Shipping Weight of Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by the29band, May 9, 2016.

1. the29band

the29band Member

I bought a used Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro from Guitar Center that got shipped yesterday. It also included a hard shell case. In the tracking info I received last night, the shipping weight on UPS' website shows 8lbs which is too low for any guitar with a hard shell case. Does anyone know if this weight is usually just informational or if this is the actual weight of the package? Because if this is the actual weight, I am wondering if they didn't ship the hard shell case. 8lbs seems kind of low for just the guitar as well.

Anyone know how much do these guitars weigh?

I wont receive the package until next Monday so it will be a week before I find out.

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

It's a hollowbody. It don't weigh 8 lbs.

3. the29band

the29band Member

I meant just the guitar in the package without the case seems low at 8lbs (with all the packaging material). Not saying that the weight of guitar by itself is 8lbs.

4. xzacx

xzacx Member

They might understate the weight to save on shipping. It's probably not THAT far off from accurate though. Those Epi cases are pretty light.

5. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

I shipped one with the OHSC, and the package was 23 pounds total. If it ships in a cardboard box, i'm thinking 18 pounds or so.

sanrico and the29band like this.