Shiva and fuzz pedal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sheikyerbouti, Feb 26, 2008.

1. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Supporting Member

I recently bought a Shiva and love it. Unbelievable clean and overdriven sounds. Sometimes I like to use a fuzz pedal for my weak Jimi imitations and wanted to know if anyone has a favorite fuzz pedal with the Shiva.

I loved my Diamond Fireburst with my other amp, but it just don't cut it with the Shiva.

2. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

I can say the FoxRox and HBE (UFO) and Big Muff sound good thru the clean channel.

Overall my fave pedal with the amp is the FD2 and OCD (yes they are NOT fuzz) with the amp, and I like the amp's gain channel. I will also say the Mentone HOwie was nice as well!

3. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Supporting Member

Thanks '73. I tried out both the OCD and FD II as well. I loved them both, and intended on keeping the OCD, but finally chose the FD.

I just love that gritty, midrange sound you can get from a fuzz pedal from time to time.

4. Franklin

Franklin Member

I tried an AnalogMan Sunface through one. With the fuzz up all the way, and my strat's volume knob I seemed to have many shades of fuzz at the same volume, from gritty clean to all out fuzz. I wish my amp sounded so good. I've been wanting to buy a Shiva for a while. I'd also like to try one of their Metro amps...

5. ed84246

ed84246 Member

If you have a new Shiva with the bright switches, you'll probably notice a big difference between using a fuzz or OD with the bright switch out and pushed in. Pushed in, you can get a lot of distortions and ODs to get closer to a fuzz tone. My favorite is an old Ibanez OD-9 I have but the thing is rare as hen's teeth and more expensive than an original TS 808, and a British pedal from Burford Electronics called the Reefer - sounds like a cross between an electric sitar and a biting sixties Maestro - very psychedelic. Also had great success using a tubescreamer with a Boss graphic EQ and setting it up to boost the highs and lower the bass frequencies extremely - also great Yardbirds biting type tone (I think I also had a compressor going on with this too.)