Shiva FX Loop question

bullfrogblues

Gold Supporting Member
Kro, I made one of the "ducking" cables a few weeks ago, and it works great in the loop. It depends on whether you are using pedals or a rack on which one you build. It's very easy to do, but I now have 3 more cables to deal with. I didn't try using the effects loop without the cable for fear of ruining something.
The instructions are pretty straight-forward, build it exactly like it says. You can get the resistors at Radio Shack for pretty cheap.
Allan.

O

OneMileWish

Hey allan, do you have the schematics for building the cable?

Dan.

M

myfatherfreddy

If anyone wants one made,shoot me an email.I've made them and they work great.

O

OneMileWish

You rock, Allan, thanks! Will make one soon and see how it works with my Soldano's FX loop :D

Dan.

M

myfatherfreddy

Originally posted by OneMileWish
You rock, Allan, thanks! Will make one soon and see how it works with my Soldano's FX loop :D

Dan.
If you are making one for a different amp,you may have to experiment with different resistor values.

bullfrogblues

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by myfatherfreddy
If you are making one for a different amp,you may have to experiment with different resistor values.
Very good point. Also, check with the manufacturer, you may not need that type cable with other amps. I was under the impression that this was only due to the configuration of the effects loop in the Bogner, may not be the same for other amps.
Allan.

M

myfatherfreddy

Originally posted by bullfrogblues
Very good point. Also, check with the manufacturer, you may not need that type cable with other amps. I was under the impression that this was only due to the configuration of the effects loop in the Bogner, may not be the same for other amps.
Allan.
You are correct that this particular schematic is for the Shiva but there are other amps that have a really hot signal going through the "send" on their loops.This tends to drive the fx in it too hard.What you need to find out is how hot that signal is and place the correct resistor values in the cable.Others have their amps modded with a volume control for the fx send.

O

OneMileWish

Originally posted by myfatherfreddy
Good point, sir!

The Soldano's level is really hot...soldering and cable making is nothing new to me, I'll just keep messing around until I hit something I like ;) ;)

Dan.

Trending Topics