SHO vs LPB1 for Tele and a bright amp....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HenryAdams, Feb 13, 2012.

1. HenryAdams

HenryAdams Member

Hey, folks:

I've got a tele and a Blues Jr (with a Cannabis Rex in it), and I use a SHO as a clean boost...but it's just too damn bright when I'm playing on the bridge pickup. Too bright even for a tele guy. Major ice-pick. I'm thinking of picking up an LPB1, because I've hear they are a little darker. What do you think? Or an MXR micro amp? MOSfet boost? Something else?

2. ibegofyou

ibegofyou Member

Serious question. What's wrong with rolling down the tone knob?

3. HenryAdams

HenryAdams Member

Yeah, I know, I know, it's a fair question, and maybe I just need to grow up a bit, but here are the two reasons that I don't do it:

1) I really, really like the sound of the bridge wide open. Rolling back the tone with the SHO on, I fell like I lose the sparkle.

2)When I roll back the tone, I lose volume, which means I need to kick the booster up a notch, but then it's too loud with my p90 neck, so I roll down the volume...etc.

4. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

Give the LPB-1 a shot. Its cheap, and it sounds great. I'm surprised it isn't on more boards really. To my ears, its pretty transparent, and not super bright.