Shocked: Knopfler using Kemper on current tour

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Luca1979, May 15, 2019.

1. Billy_B

Billy_B Silver Supporting Member

What about a Mustang?? :D

2. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Silver Supporting Member

Also not a horse :)

hippietim likes this.
  3. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

You can easily find videos of him playing it live, not sure why you insist on your own version of his truth, but whatever makes you feel better about your tubes.

4. Billy_B

5. Frank Ritchotte

6. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

I saw him last Saturday night and he was a playing a Two Rock. Most of the night with a blond Tele but for several tunes a sunburst LP.

Now back to your regularly scheduled $hit show

7. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

How much would you pay for these Knopfler/Fletcher profiles??? Not that they would ever be on sale...

8. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

Me? Nothing. Be yourself, be original, profile your own amps. ;)

creative360 likes this.
  9. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

TS1.

10. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

The Tone Secret! Yeah that amp sounds great!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  11. josetxu

josetxu Member

His collection of amps is bigger and with better amps than mine... Not for having his sound but, who wouldn't want profiles of his Komet 60 or his Reinhardt amps? or his brownface vibrolux with unknow speaker? all of them profiled in his British Groove studio...

12. Hogwallop

Hogwallop Member

13. chrisdodge

chrisdodge Member

Actually, the Kemper IS a modeler according to C. Kemper himself. The Kemper has several generic and highly parametrable models. The profiling process allows to select automatically the most suitable model and to determine the values of all parameters attached to the selected model.

14. JaiRamana

JaiRamana Member

It certainly is a modeler in the English language definition of the word. Seems it is in the marketing sense as well. Thanks for the post.

Even the Sweetwater comparison table has it clearly stated as an amp modeler and effects modeler (noticed this just this evening, well it’s evening where I am this week anyway.)

But did that stop the fervent, insistent claims to the contrary? Hell no. Lol.

Just goes to show that the digital clan is every bit as mental, dogmatic and hardheaded about their digital gear as any tube guy has ever been about his tube amps. So let’s all just enjoy our gear and make music instead of trying to convert anybody. Party on Wayne! Party on Garth!

BTW I wonder what kind of rigs Bill and Ted will have in their upcoming movie? Should be fun!

MixMinisterMike likes this.
  15. JaiRamana

JaiRamana Member

Always been a Knopfler/Straits fan and still am. Just don’t associate him with being some kind of tone purist. He’s always been one to play with his sound beyond pure amp tone is all, and nothing wrong with that. Just putting him in the proper context. I think that he’s always been open to tech and is at a stage (and tour) that a modeler makes sense so I didn’t understand the “shock” expressed in the OP.

16. Billy_B

We all put our pants on the same way....... ;)

This is a disconnect. I don't own a single album, and while I appreciate the musician, I'm not a fan of his music, per se. But if stopped on the street and asked to sum the guy up, an answer in the vein of 'tone purist' would immediately spring to mind.

The dude won't even use a pick!

17. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

JaiRamana likes this.
  18. Niko Lalangas

Niko Lalangas Member

Hi Frank~

I've already done that. the Helix went to CA and back twice. They replaced the entire unit. Still doing the same thing. I've obviously discovered a deep-rooted glitch. I spoke with Line 6 on the phone. You were suggested as a last resort by my guy with Sweetwater.

Is there a way I can contact you or someone other than the (now) confused techs in CA and send a USB stick with my patches so someone can see what is going on and run some diagnostics?

I run a lot of in-depth, complex how-to's online teaching people how to do some pretty incredible things with the Helix. Line 6 has put me into the newsletter many times since 2017. I'm now holding off doing any more reviews and how-tos until I figure this out. I don't want to advise anyone online to do things that might be overloading this device's processors or similar.

19. Niko Lalangas

Niko Lalangas Member

I’m far beyond that step. Thank you.

20. Frank Ritchotte

fritchotte@line6.com