Shopping for a shredder.

Big_ryan

I'd like to add a guitar with a Floyde Rose and a a HSH set up this next year to round out my quiver for demo video purposes, Im hoping to spend $400ish and am totally fine with used guitars.

Im looking at ibanez for the most part but i've always been confused by their model number system, what are good models to look out for in that price range?

I'm also open to other brands if anyone has good suggestions.

sedawkgrep

Silver Supporting Member
The RG570 and RG1570 (made in Japan / Prestige) are common models. I had a RG1570 for awhile and regret selling it. Tons of those on ebay and CL, scour it for awhile and maybe make offers to see if anyone will bite at your asking price.

Older RGs are made in Japan and can be terrific.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
My local GC has had a number of Ibanez Prestige guitars come through in the past few years, and normally they end up marked down to the $400 - $500 range before they finally sell. I'd cruise the GC used listings looking for pretty much anything in decent shape that says "Prestige".

If you're OK with something other than HSH (like HH or HSS), you could also consider one of the Charvels, either the older MIJ's or the more modern USA/MIJ/MIM Pro-Mod/So Cal series.

Charvel so-cal used. Such good guitars.

charvel_07.jpg

Bankston

Another vote for the Charvel Pro Mod series. One of the best values on the market today.

If you're open to a HSS or HH configuration, I'd also recommend the Jackson X series guitars. I've got an RR and King V and they are outstanding value for what I paid (both less than $500).

AlanH

The RG570 and RG1570 (made in Japan / Prestige) are common models. I had a RG1570 for awhile and regret selling it. Tons of those on ebay and CL, scour it for awhile and maybe make offers to see if anyone will bite at your asking price.

Older RGs are made in Japan and can be terrific.

My RG1570 Prestige has a very high quality and very precise fit and finish. The Ibanez Edge trems are as good as a German Floyd. If the OP needs a 24 fret guitar with a fast neck and a locking trem he won't go far wrong with an Ibanez Prestige:

DSC02728.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom