Shops in Southern Cali for: Fender Custom Shop or Collings

LoopyBullet

Silver Supporting Member
Hey everybody - I've been saving up for a while and am looking for either a great Fender Custom Shop Strat or a Collings OM1A. Anyone have suggestions for shops in Southern California with a nice selection of either brand?

I haven't been to many guitar shops in California, but my favorite are Westwood Music and Grayson's Tune Town. Both are fairly small shops, but neither has a CS Strat or Collings that I'm really interested in (I think Westwood might have an OM1 in stock but I wasn't really into that particular one they had). Any suggestions? :)

kidtwist

Truetone Music in Santa Monica usually has a lot of Fender Custom shop guitars. There's also Norman's Rare Guitars which will have a number of used ones.

If you were willing to take the long drive, Guitars San Diego has some Collings acoustics (and electrics).

noley

Frequently Mistaken for Fabio
From the Fender Custom Shop website...

BANANA’S AT LARGE
1504 4th STREET
SAN RAFAEL, CA 94901
415 457 7600

GUITAR CENTER HOLLYWOOD
7425 SUNSET BLVD
HOLLYWOOD, CA 90046
323 874 1060

WILD WEST GUITARS
2840 FOOTHILL BLVD
PASADENA, CA 91107
626 507 5575

bassethound

Truetone Music in Santa Monica usually has a lot of Fender Custom shop guitars. There's also Norman's Rare Guitars which will have a number of used ones.

If you were willing to take the long drive, Guitars San Diego has some Collings acoustics (and electrics).

:aokWent to LaJolla with the family in early 2016. Stopped by Guitars San Diego. Brought a C10-35 back to Nebraska.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
California Vintage in Van Nuys has a lot of Fender Custom Shop guitars. And as said Truetone in Santa Monica. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, I'm sure there are others. Guitar Center even, the Hollywood store is your best bet.

Collings acoustics, not sure. McCabes generally has a small number of them, only showing a couple of Dreads right now.

Everyone should note Wild West's new address, they left Riverside and moved to Pasadena. Their website also says to call for an appointment.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom