Short Delay for ambience on DD-20. Did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fernando, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

Hi, guys, whats up?

I got myself a DD-20 Giga Delay and I'm am very happy with it. It's a very versatile pedal and I can get a really wide variety of nice sounding delay tones out of it. Plus, I found a brand new one for the price of a DD-6. For that price it sounds even sweeter to my ears.

I do like to use very short delays to sound as some sort of reverb. The thing is, the shortest delay time on the DD-20 is 120 msecs. On this setting, you can still hear some repetitions. It sound reverberish, but at times you can hear like very short repetitions. Am I making myself clear? This doesn't sound like what I was expecting. I wished there were shorter delay times.

Does anybody use the DD-20 on a reverb-like setting? Am I missing something? Any hints?

Thanks,
    Fernando

2. Den

Den Member

Mine adjusts all the way down to 1 millisecond ... that should get you where you're going! Is your's not working properly?

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

You're absolutelly right man, I am an idiot. The thing is I was using the tape mode. On the tape mode it doesn't get shorter than 120 msecs. On other modes it does. Thanks a lot! I might as well erase this topic or stick my head in a hole on the ground.

4. Den

Den Member

Are you kidding? We've all been there before. Imagine how many people get rid of awesome gear becuase they miss some simple thing like this makes all the difference. Have fun.

5. oxtone

oxtone Member

Fernando,

I've used the DD-20 since it came out. Love it! Really the most versatile pedal delay out there.

Have fun!

6. meterman

meterman Member

Great pedal. Plug a momentary footswitch into the control pedal jack and you get full time tap tempo on all settings including your presets!

7. R_S_G_7

R_S_G_7 Member

Try the smooth mode on short delay setting.

8. Den

Den Member

That is nice.

Also, in modulation mode I've been able to set up a preset that does a very usable chorus ... so I don't have to take up board space for a dedicated chorus pedal.

One of the big surprises for me is how much I can use the loop feature, both for practice and gigs. Very cool pedal.

9. Fernando

Fernando Member

Hey, guys, thanks for the replies. I am still figuring out my ways through this pedal but it is really nice. I juat got home from practice with my band and it was really something in the mix.

It was the first practice with my Chorus~Vib too. Amazing pedal. This is hands down the best chorus I've heard. And, after tweaking it quite a bit, I came across a setting that makes my guitar sound like a Fender Rhodes, somehow. I mean, it's a tone that kind of reminds of them. Really cool for blues and fusion.

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I've got a question:

When I'm on reverse, with feedback at minimum, e. level on maximum, about 60 bpm and tempo is on whole note

anyhow, I want to play a chord fragment for 2 (1+2+) beats then have it swell up over the next 2 beats (3+4+) until I switch to the next chord fragment on the next 2 beats (new bar 1+2+).

Sometimes it works and on other attempts at the song I'll get the effect come in one beat later or something, completely screwing it up. Anyone have this prob and a solution for it?