Short guitar-instrumental

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Frethog, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Frethog

Frethog Member

Despite owning a pretty high quality rig, I still like to record these through my Pod 2.2. It’s so stupid-easy to do it that way and not mic up my Dr.Z. The Pod is set on the “Blackface” model, but this time, I stacked a “Timmy” in front it. This was with my ’62 re-issue tuned down a half. This track is only 2:31.

Check out “Top-Spin”:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=181704

listen to the others at your own peril…:D

2. Normster

Normster Member

I like it!!!

What's a timmy?

3. Frethog

Frethog Member

Surely you jest. You have 681 posts on this board and you don't know what a Paul Cochrane "Timmy" overdrive pedal is? You gotta get out of the pub more often Normster...;)

4. scottl

scottl Member

Hey Fret,

Norm has several killer Dumble clones he built. Not sure he needs a Timmy... ;)

I loved this track! Great tones and superb pocket playing! Great to hear you again bro!!!!

5. Frethog

Frethog Member

Thanks Scott! I knew he was kiddin'...

That reminds me. I lifted your clips offa the Glasswerks page. Killer man. I put 'em in my iTunes permanently :D

6. bailnout

bailnout Member

Very nice clip. You smoke. The tone is great! It's a great argument to the "modelers suck" statements.

7. Frethog

Frethog Member

Thanks! I still use the Soundiver™ software and consider it essential for the “Kidney Bean”. But there aren’t very many good tones (considering the amount offered). I’ve been messing with it for a long time and have isolated a couple above average ones that I use every time. It’s nearly useless for metal which works out fine for me ;)

Recently, I borrowed my cousin’s Pod Pro XT. I hooked up the USB and downloaded “Guitar Port” and found the tone download site. After a week of experimenting with this thing I could hardly find a usable tone. The AC30 was ok, but that’s about it. I couldn’t wait to give this thing back and get my 2.2 plugged back in. It’s simpler; takes up much less space; and at least has 3 or 4 models that I can live with. Along with the Blackface and D-tone model, I have used the Rectifier a couple times as well.