Short review John Page #002

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Ok got some more time on #002
Findings so far are very good, there is a lot of sounds in this guitar.
Hum front is a bit darker then the other settings and seems well suited to use for a bit more heavy rhythm, will likely match up well with something like a TS overdrive as well.
I love the middle position (my personal favorite on any Tele so far) well balanced, good chime in from the bridge that cuts through and nice umph from the neck.
I like the bridge sound, it has a total Tele feel to it to the sound, nice Twang but not overkill.
The other two positions are just great as well. I'm getting a fairly familiar single coil neck and an additional mid position that just sounds great as well with just a slight difference in sound to make it useful.
I'm really liking the playability, just amazing, there is hardly any fatigueing or stress on the wrist, the strings play effortlessly even though they are 11s.
Just a great guitar. I'll be taking it over to church this week, give it a test drive in our PA system see how it holds up!

Pictures already posted on the other thread but hey why not.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Yep Brazillian board
Full specs would be
Honduran Mahogany chambered body
100 plus year old Douglas Fir top
5 piece neck (maple rosewood maple rosewood maple)
brz board
Suhr pick ups
traditional bridge (standard he uses a 6 saddle bridge but I asked for a traditional bridge)
5 way switch 1 vol 1 tone

Scottone

there's a lot to like about that guitar, but I really love the lam neck...very classy (and stable too I'm sure).

Kalalau Hiker

Silver Supporting Member
as I said before Pai - just gorgeous - congrats! sure you will enjoy that for YEARS to come!

this is one of the best top pix EVER - so one more time

the martian surf!

feels like 1968 ALL OVER AGAIN

Glide

She is indeed a beauty Pai - John builds a great guitar. The craftsmanship in the P-1 is amazing and the tone is sooo full. Have you A/B'd position 2 or 3 on yours with your 64 Strat yet? Try it - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks John how's the guitar building for you? Make any more electrics lately? I actually still have the C which continues to amaze me.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Very Cool. Nice woods!

Glad you dig it.:RoCkIn

Congrats!

John Mayes

Thanks John how's the guitar building for you? Make any more electrics lately? I actually still have the C which continues to amaze me.
Thanks for asking. It's going well. I'm actually building a batch of 10 electrics right now. You can see more info on them at this thread here on TGP. 6 of them are already sold.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/344331

Really is an amazing looking axe you got there. How you liking the Humbucker? I'm building myself a tele style mahogany right now with a p90 in the neck...

Trending Topics