Short scale guitars

Buddhist#6

Courtney DIDN’T Kill Kurt!
Silver Supporting Member
Yeh I’m a fan… I have a Squier classic vibe mustang and a 1997 CIJ Jaguar modded for dimarzios

4BEAA577-B345-4CBE-B87C-54DD4A6C05E9.jpeg
DFD9EB0D-4B41-4170-A66A-49FC79D4B592.jpeg

Reactions: IAE

Wucan

24 inchers are my life. Too bad outside of Squier/Fender it's hard to come across them, mostly relegated to custom order or trying to beat Fender at their own game.

What irks me the most is the drought of modern-spec guitars in this scale range, which is why a bunch of my guitars are heavily modded for no reason other than a complete lack of variety in the category. When Fender decided to release a full-frills Jaguar, they made it 25.5" for some reason.

Tweedledee

Silver Supporting Member
I see I posted my Jaguar in this thread back in 2019. I still have it and it's still my #1, though it now has Railhammer pickups in it. The 24" scale just feels right to me, as does the body shape, so it's always the first guitar I pick up.

An updated photo alongside my Squier Bass VI:

jt75gge.jpg

Short scale guitars are all I own now, because of what I consider easier playability. I don't have any Fender-type (strat or telecaster), because quite frankly I can't find any that are affordable. Same thing with conversion necks, they are all very expensive.

gunslinger

They can sound really good. I remember playing a Fender Mustang into a Fender amp years ago that sounded beautiful. The tone was reminiscent of Roger Fisher's playing on the first four Heart albums.

bugzapper

24 inchers are my life. Too bad outside of Squier/Fender it's hard to come across them, mostly relegated to custom order or trying to beat Fender at their own game.

What irks me the most is the drought of modern-spec guitars in this scale range, which is why a bunch of my guitars are heavily modded for no reason other than a complete lack of variety in the category. When Fender decided to release a full-frills Jaguar, they made it 25.5" for some reason.

THIS, for damn sure!

I think a lot of players are not well-served by the very limited options outside the 24 3/4" - 25 1/2" range.

Top Bottom