• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

short straight 1/4 inch connectors

wildstar

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for straight 1/4 inch connectors with very short barrel and strain-relief length. The connectors at the ends of these Monster cables are pretty short, and I may cannibalize the ones I have for a pedalboard project. The barrels are less than 1 1/2".

Besides the photo below, you can see more photos of the connectors, and some others for comparison, here.

Anyone know of anything like these or smaller? I've had no luck searching.

[edit:] looking for soldered connections, rather than solderless.

Cheers

Last edited:

PFCG

i think george ls makes a straight end that is super small, as well as lava cable connectors. those or are freakin tiny!

Here is a picture of the lava cables.

wildstar

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, but I'm looking for soldered connections, not solderless.

If I can't find something small enough, or the Monsters don't fit, I'll cave in and go solderless, at least at the straight end. The other end of each cable will terminate at a pedal, and will be pancake right-angle connectors. Soldered, of course!

wildstar

Silver Supporting Member
Thought I'd give this a bump before cannibalizing my Monster cables. Any info?

aaronweits

I use those lava cables ^

Sadly... I bought them right before he came out with the right angled ones...

For solderless though, they work great. Unless you are switching a lot of pedals on and off your board... they can come apart if you tug on them enough.

-analog-

Did some searching for you
the shortest barrels I could find are from partsexpress
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=091-385

they appear to be about 20% shorter than the standard neutrik NYS series or the switch craft straight plugs..

you could in theory cut down a Neutrik NYS or G&H Big foot , you would loose the clamp inside though, might be ok for patch cables, if you adhesive shrink them together..

would this be for a true bypass looper by chance?

wildstar

Silver Supporting Member
Did some searching for you
the shortest barrels I could find are from partsexpress
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=091-385

they appear to be about 20% shorter than the standard neutrik NYS series or the switch craft straight plugs..

you could in theory cut down a Neutrik NYS or G&H Big foot , you would loose the clamp inside though, might be ok for patch cables, if you adhesive shrink them together..

would this be for a true bypass looper by chance?
Excellent! Thanks for the link. I turned up nothing with my searches. That actually looks very similar to the Monster connector.

Yes, this is for a Musicom EFX. I think the top row will need to be straight barrels, for clearance. But the bottom row could be right-angle, I think, and just aim down through the gap between rows on my Pedaltrain.

-analog-

No problemo :)

you could use all right angles and just lap them in \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ on the top
and / / / / / / / on the bottom, zip tie them all together and make 1 tail..

:)

Trending Topics