• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Should I be able to hold my Twin's power tubes

NoBrakes

I can put my fingers on my Twin's power tubes for an extended period of time.... Stupid test I know but could this be a indication of a cold bias?

Blue Strat

Unless you have issues with sensation in your fingers, yes. The amp is probably biased way cold.

However, a bias probe would be the correct tool for the job...not your fingers;)

jay42

Something's wrong. You should have second degree burns...at least. Trying to remember...someone here tested the envelope temperature for some tubes and came up with either 250 or 280 Fahrenheit. That'll boil the water in your skin nicely.

Last edited:

schmidlin

Wait, the obvious question should be asked: Was your amp ON at the time? (standby off, of course).

NoBrakes

Something's wrong. You should have second degree burns...at least.
as mentioned,your tubes are not pulling enough cathode current!
My thought's exactly.. The guy who bias'd it said he thought the Twin's bias should not be set as high as they spec it at.. I loved the way this amp sounded with my pedals, now it sounds horrible with them.

donnyjaguar

If the amp is in standby you can hold your finger to the top of the envelopes without burning them. If its on for a time and idling, you shouldn't be able to do this.

Trending Topics