Should I Be Worried? (Timmy Content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Elev8gtrman, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Elev8gtrman

Elev8gtrman Member

4 days ago I got an email from Paul C telling me the long wait for my Timmy is over and if I would send payment he would ship it out to me right away.

So I paid him right away via paypal and also confirmed though email that I had sent him payment as well as my shipping address. I am in Australia so email is pretty much my only communication option and since I replied to his message I haven't heard anything back at all.

If I lived stateside I would just jump on the blower and ask him if everything was all good but that's really not possible for me.

Does Paul usually confirm when he receives payment or ships his pedals? The only email I've gotten from him is his auto-response.

So......should I be worried?

2. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

May want to just eat the cost of long distance calls and give him a ring. I've personally (along with many others here) found the best method of communication with Paul is over the phone.

3. AbstractLunatic

AbstractLunatic Member

I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

4. TeeVee

TeeVee Member

As good as Paul C's customer service is, I wouldn't be relying on a prompt email response advising that payment has been received.

Besides, you've paid for the pedal (which he'll no doubt know about); the next stage of the transaction is receiving it (give it at least a couple of weeks to reach you) and rocking out on it.

If you really can't stand not knowing - a phone call is an option for you.

When I ordered mine from Australia a couple of years ago, I did it via a phone call.
    Call early in the morning Australia time, and it will be early evening for him. It took a few times to get through (I'm guessing he was busy building, or with customers) but I eventually got a hold of him.

If it was me in the same situation, I'd just sit tight and be patient, waiting for that box of blue goodness to arrive.

5. lewisanderson

lewisanderson Member

Nothing to worry about. Paul is a stand-up guy.

6. Class5

Class5 Member

Hi ya! I'm up in Brissy and I paid yesterday via Paypal. I'm not worried and I haven't received a confirmation as yet, but I'm sure it's in the post and I should have it in about a week.

7. Kev O)))

Kev O))) Member

4 days is nothing. Paul is a great guy and won't do you wrong.

8. Elev8gtrman

Elev8gtrman Member

Just to clarify - it's not that I don't trust Paul - it is just that I want to make sure I didn't stuff up the process.... Since so many people on this board have ordered Timmy's I just wanted to see if it was normal not to hear anything after you pay him or if I had done something wrong.

Just excited for the pedal I guess! A mate has one and I LOVED the way it sounded. Ever since then I've been counting the days.

9. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

If I remember correctly, I never received a confirmation email, but he shipped the same day or the next day. But if you want to put your mind at rest, a phone call is the best way to reach him.

10. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

yeah I think when I got mine I just got it a while after paying. Ive talked with him on the phone a couple times and he's a great guy

11. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I wouldn't worry, he's a stand up guy. But yeah like others have said, a phone call is the best way to contact him.

12. The_Wretched

The_Wretched Supporting Member

Definitely DO NOT WORRY!! Paul is without a doubt one of the best out there when it comes to his product and the service he provides. Last maker I'd worry about it Paul C.

13. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

+100

14. ldizzle

ldizzle Supporting Member

dun worry 'bout it! youll get a great pedal shortly =)

15. RyanFromQA

RyanFromQA Member

I PM'd him on here and got a response about 4 days later, and I'm not a customer of his, it was pedal-biz question that he didn't have to answer. I'm sure emailing him will get you a response, maybe just not as quick as you'd like.

Paul is a great guy, without a doubt. One does not build the sterling reputation he has around here by not shipping pedals. He won't Farndurk you, if you know what I mean. ;)

16. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

Paul is great to deal with and won't let you down.

17. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

To answer your original question, no, I have never rec'd an additional confirmation after the phone call from Paul. You just send your payment and the Timmy or Tim will arrive promptly. I have ordered direct from him twice and he shipped the next day both times. It will be arriving soon.:aok

18. Elev8gtrman

Elev8gtrman Member

My mind is at ease. Thanks TGP'ers! Looking forward to this amazing pedal - finally don't have to be jealous of my mate whose had one for the last year! Ha ha

19. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

i've had paul send pedals to freaking SERBIA.

no joke

igor the sandman still has his tim. . . .

20. Elev8gtrman

Elev8gtrman Member

Just wanted to give props to Paul C....emailed me tracking info today. Paul you are a legend and I can't wait to receive my Timmy next week! Woohoo!