• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Should i buy a les paul studio premium plus for 700

mitchanator

Just found a les paul studio premium plus in root beer near me for 700$. I have an epiphone slash goldtop that i always wanted to upgrade for a usa model. Does anybody have one of those. It's with the white truss rod cover. Seems to be from around 2007

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
If it's in good condition, that's a pretty good price. I have a 2001 Les Paul Studio Plus. I brought it to a guitar show once to get an idea of value and they were willing to give me $700 and they need to mark it up. So, I'd think $700 in a private sale is good. I had no intention of selling. It's a great guitar and I often grab for it over my 2013 R8.

If you can get past the lack of binding and you're willing to upgrade the wiring harness and pickups, you'll have a guitar that will rival your Epi. I put an RS Guitarworks wiring kit and Seymour Duncan Antiquities in mine and it sounds as good as any other LP. It actually nails the beano tone better than my R8 with the custombucker pickups which are slightly hotter and not as smooth as the antiquities. The stock pups were too muddy for my taste. I've found myself using the guitar more for higher gain and dropped tuning, so I've ordered a Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt for the bridge.

Mr. Crow

$700 seems like a nice deal for one of those, if it's in VG shape with no issues. The premium plus models look nice, I especially like the root beer model. I'd do it.

crambone

$700 seems like a nice deal for one of those, if it's in VG shape with no issues. The premium plus models look nice, I especially like the root beer model. I'd do it.
Agreed.

If it's in good condition and you have the cash, I would definitely snatch it up.

hackenfort

Silver Supporting Member
I'd jump on one at that price, great guitars often beautiful tops... Never cared for the truss cover, but cheap and easy fix.

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Gold Supporting Member
Agreed depending on condition that seems like a really good deal

StratoCraig

Sounds like a good price to me. I have a 2001 Les Paul Studio Plus that I bought for a bit more than that, and it's a great guitar.

Dale

I would look seriously at it and I have 2 Studios now. I really do not want/need another LP at all.

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
Good price, but it may not really be an upgrade over your Epi Slash.

Won't know til you play it.

Trending Topics