Should I buy the Digitech Polara or the Mr. Black Supermoon?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by axdxm, Jan 23, 2015.

1. axdxm

axdxm Silver Supporting Member

I have been toying with the idea of getting an atmospheric verb to add to the board. I like the versatility of the Polara but the Supermoon seems pretty special. I know the Supermoon does not have trails...and I'm pretty sure both are digital, right?

2. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

Does one have features the other doesn't?

Which of the two have you preferred in the demos you've listened to, and why?

If you're choosing it based purely on how the sound, why does whether it is digital matter?

3. josh_michael

josh_michael Member

One thing to consider is the decay. Polara is definitely more versatile. I haven t played it yet but if it's anything like its predecessor the rv7 it will have less decay time available compared to the supermoon. So if very long decay is an issue, than the supermoon would be the one. If not, I think Polara has more to offer.

4. Joe Black

Joe Black Member

Neunaber Stereo Wet? Mine sounds fantastic, does shimmer, and the firmware can take any Neunaber stereo pedal. I love the thing.

5. BK Verbs

BK Verbs Gold Supporting Member

6. King Rat

King Rat Member

The Supermoon is a perfect product, I can't say it's right for you, but it's been my favourite always on reverb...

tone down the sway and decay you have a nice always on compliment to any tone...

it doesn't mess with your volume or gain stages at all..

and the higher settings are heavenly.

I have played a lot of sucky reverb pedals.

7. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Member

You should get a Crazy Tube Circuits Splash Mk. 3.

You're welcome! ;)

8. niassist

niassist Garage Rock Star Supporting Member

I have owned the Supermoon and have gotten to play the Polara quite a bit. Personally, I would take the Polara over the Supermoon. It's considerably more versatile and just overall has more bang for buck. As far as the decay goes, it has a lot. More than the RV7.

9. jordane93

jordane93 Member

I have the Supermoon Chrome and it does the modulated reverb thing very nicely. But if you are looking for more reverb sounds and trails then I'd go for the Polara.