1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I by a Mad Professor LGW?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheHog107, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TheHog107

TheHog107 Member

I already have a....

lovepedal E Burst
    MJM Blues Devil
    OCD
    Fulltone Mosfet
    COT 50 (red led)

Would I get anything different by getting this pedal? I listened to the clips and they sound really cool. But I'm not sure how it would stack up to what I already have. Maybe I'm just a pedal addict. :messedup

Any opions? Maybe someone with similar pedals, who have a LGW or tried one.

2. Craise

Craise Member

The LGW and E/MJM/FT are going to cover a lot of the same territory. IMHO
    LGW will have more gain and a bit more touch sensitivity...
    Plus with the LGWs tone knob you can go from more transparent less mids to Phat and Thick. Works great with all pickups and amps... versatile all around the knobs.

If you want to check out BJF or Mad Professor pedals...
    The cool thing is how many different flavors there are...

So if you have an E/fulltone/MJM and have that TS zone way covered...
    maybe check out a Honey Bee(tweedy) EGDM (vox) or Dyna Red (marshall) for some different flava!
    Also don't forget the sky blue Od in the Mad Professor line..
    or maybe a Fuzz?
    :dude

3. TheHog107

TheHog107 Member

Could you tell me, if there's a difference between the BJF Dyna Red or the Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion pedal? It seems like there would be, but its a bit confusing as to who's who. Are BJF pedals basically being created by Mad Professor now?

4. Craise

Craise Member

Bjorn Juhl is The Mad Professor!
    He makes all BJF pedals by hand...and designed the Mad Professor line of pedals. So BJFs are made by BJ and the MP line is designed by him but put together by other skilled builders.
    The BJF line needs to be tweeked by BJ himself...the Mad Professor line still has that BJF tone and feel...but don't need the personal tweeking like many of the BJF Distortions and Fuzzes.
    There is some overlap of Dyna Red to Might Red...but mostly very different... Dyna Red is more 70's power amp marshall sound...whereas the Might Red is more 80's preamp Marshall sound.
    Come check out the forum www.bjfelectronics.com you will find many questions answered there. Hope this helps!
    ;)

5. gregory49

gregory49 Member

the LGW and Blues Devil will cover similar ground, but hey its pedals.. there's never enough.

6. TheHog107

TheHog107 Member

Thanks Craise, you've been alot of help :AOK

Gregory: Yes, you can never have enough, however money spent on one thing, is money I can't spend on another. If I won the lottery I'd just order 3 of everything that would make my life alot simpler.:D