• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Should I get a refund?

AF1FE

Went to see the band Foreigner this week. The only reason I went to the show was to see Mick Jones. Who is still billed as only original member. Band takes stage and no Mick. I paid $86.50 plus $10.00 Ticketmaster charge. To me this was just a cover band. I now find out that Mick only performs 50% of the time. What gives?

Whitecat

Almost every ticket agent in the world has a clause in their terms that says they can substitute artists and/or content for any given event, ridiculous as it is, and when you buy tickets you agree to that. Technically, this wasn't even an artist "substitution" as you did see the band Foreigner as they mostly exist now. Therefore I think you'd have a very, very difficult time getting a refund even if you did take them to court for it.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
And it’s been this way for many years. Caveat Emptor.
Yeah, I'm surprised this is a surprise. We've discussed it here many times so maybe OP missed it.

They are a very good tribute band and have been for almost a decade now. Mick is 76 and allegedly not in the best of health.

I saw them on a live streaming show several years back. They definitely put on a good show but Foreigner as we all know it has been gone a long time now.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
Saw them two or three years back with Cheap Trick. Mick was moving real stiff back then but the show was good.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
It's a bummer your expectation wasn't met. I think the name attached might be a way to maintain some sort of intellectual property- or avoid fees related. I don't really know. I guess you saw the Epiphone/Squier/PRS SE version of the band... still related to the parent company.

I have tickets that are a gift to one of Judas Priests 50th anniversary tour shows.
One of the members of Priest had health issues and they had to postpone the show.
Sabaton was supposed to open.
.Even if the band reschedules I want a refund on the tickets. They were very expensive and frankly I don't want to take another chance on some kind of cancellation.
I saw JP on the Screaming for Vengence tour and it don't get better than that.

Went to see the band Foreigner this week. The only reason I went to the show was to see Mick Jones. Who is still billed as only original member. Band takes stage and no Mick. I paid $86.50 plus $10.00 Ticketmaster charge. To me this was just a cover band. I now find out that Mick only performs 50% of the time. What gives?

But music-wise, if you'd seen the exact same show and Mick Jones had been playing, would you have enjoyed it?

Thin Lizzy really isn't Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott, Just as Elton John isn't Elton John without him.

I'd be annoyed too, but I feel like some considerations could be made for a rock legend who's too ill to play every gig. I think I'd go see this band to hear the great songs and Kelly Hanson's singing.

The new Van Halen, with Fred Savage on lead guitar? I'd pass.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
The current lineup of Foreigner is pretty effing sharp. They sound just like Foreigner. Kelly Hanson sings their tunes impeccably and the band sounds great.

Agreed! Saw them a few years back opening for Journey. They were fantastic.

all thorns no flowers

Silver Supporting Member
that's bogus as hell on foreigners part. id be pissed. i do believe you should be given a refund but unfortunately it's not happenin.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom